Olivia's Point of View 3

I gripped onto the thick, black rope, still thinking about Jacques. He gripped onto the rope far more easily than me- although I spent most of my time sat at a lonely desk or begging vice principle Nero for my job back.

We reached the first window- no sign of Duncan or Isadora. The second window, no luck. Same with the third, fourth, fith; all of the way up to the forty sixth. We left the building hands empty.

Returning to Jacques' taxi, I asked about his family.

"I have a twin sister." He explained. "Her name is Kit. I used to have a younger brother. One day he left, and never came back. Presumed dead."

"I'm so sorry." I said, lost for words. " But, presumed? He could still be alive?" I pinched myself, I had gone too far, been too nosy. Back to the old library with me.

"I have never thought about it that way." He said, opening the door to his taxi. "Look for him with me." I thought about it as I stepped into the car. I didn't have enough money for a taxi, but he didn't have much either- being a volunteer.

"Okay." I agreed. More time with Jacques was the biggest gift I could ask for, and here it was. Jacques sat down next to me and closed the door to his taxi.

The air grew heavier with his scent, and I gripped onto his hand. He looked down at me, considering my height, and held on with his other hand too. He suddenly leaned in. I leaned in too, and we had our first kiss in the back seat of his taxi. It was like something out of a teenage fantasy, although we were a bit older than that. We parted from each other and laughed at the silliness of everything.

"Is it a bit late for this to be my very first kiss?" He asked with a giggle.

"Nope. Mine too. Twenty five years late"

We chuckled into each other's arms until our throats grew horse and we could laugh no more.

We sat, exhausted, with our heads resting on each other's, and fell fast asleep.