Chapter 10: The Meeting

I had been home in the Water domain for two weeks. It was finally the day that Aidan wanted to meet with me at the Fire and Water border.

I found the best day dress that I owned. It was a navy blue swing dress. I straightened my hair, and I met my father in his study.

"Father, would it be possible for me to go into the city today. I haven't been traveling in my domain on my own. I feel like that is something that all princesses should do," I complained to him.

He looked conflicted for a moment until he spoke, "I would make Naida go with you, but she's in the Air domain with Niall. I guess you can go, but you must be careful. Bryant Darnell seems to seriously think that these beasts are trying to harm you specifically, and I don't want you to be hurt. Stay in areas with a lot of people, and come home before it gets too dark."

"Thank you father! I really appreciate this," I told him with a smile before quickly exiting the castle before he changed his mind.

Dylan was directly behind me as I left the castle.

"Where are you going?" He asked me curiously.

"I'm going into the city," I explained.

"I'm coming too," he told me with a smirk.

"Dylan, you have to stay in the castle. Father didn't authorize you to leave," I told him crossing my arms.

"I don't want to be authorized to do anything. I can make my own decisions," he told me sounding annoyed.

"Listen Dylan, this is important to me. I need you to stay inside the castle while I go do this. Do you understand?" I asked him seriously.

He rolled his eyes and sighed, "I guess so."

I watched as he went back into the castle before quickly walking down the stairs and into the city. I was stopped by many people asking for photos or autographs. I quickly gave them what they asked before disappearing behind buildings and into the forest.

I had studied so many maps in my lifetime that I knew the direction to go in. If I kept walking through the forest, I would eventually find a volcanic rock line on the ground separating the Fire domain from the Water domain.

I kept walking for a while until I eventually saw the line. I wasn't exactly sure where Aidan would be on the line, and I realized that we should have made a signal or something to let the other person know that we made it to the border.

I decided to wait where I was on a tree stump on the Water domain's side of the line. I was waiting when something moved in the corner of my eye. It looked like a person's shadow, but it was gone before I could really see it.

I stood up, and looked around. I called out Aidan's name. I didn't see anything, and I was walking back to the tree stump when I saw a young man on the Fire domain's side of the line. He had charcoal black hair and extremely tan skin. He was cute, but I was worried immediately.

He smiled when he saw me.

"Aidan! She's over here!" He yelled before turning back to look at me. He crossed over the line, and he took my hand in his. His kissed it lightly before grinning.

"Your Majesty, I am Ryan Underwood, and it is an absolute pleasure to finally meet you," he told me excitedly.

"Ryan? You're Aidan's friend?" I asked him confused.

"I wouldn't consider us friends exactly. It's more like I am his personal guard, and he's forced to take me everywhere he goes," Ryan told me with a laugh.

I smiled, "He seems to consider you to be his friend. He spoke very highly of you to me while we were in the Earth domain."

He smiled, "He speaks very highly of you now. Very highly."