Chapter 10: An Unfortunate Cold

《James' POV》

A few days after that horrible incident with Stevens he got expelled and things were gradually getting back to normal for me, while Teddy kept being overly protective, and though I didn't mind I just couldn't get his mind off of it. It stressed me out so much that now I was laying in bed bundled up in my dorm room with a bad cold, coughing my guts up and sniffling nonstop through my runny and stuffed up nose. I refused for Teddy to be near me not wanting to get him sick as well, he didn't seem to pay attention to my protests though for he was currently sitting with me on his lap in my bed with a big blanket around us reading out loud to me. Every once and awhile he tries to give me a kiss on the lips but I refuse, pushing him away, this time quite the same. "Teddy I said no kisses, I do not want you getting sick as well" I mutter for maybe the 10th time this hour. "But, love I miss your lips it will just be a quick peck that is all! Please?" he begs again while I shake my head before trying to go back to the book, he huffs pulling my face towards him and when I open my mouth to protest again he slams his lips into my own, giving me a pleasurable shocking on my lips I always get when he kisses me. I moan into the kiss disregarding the book from my hands and gripping onto his night robes while he rubs his own tongue against mine, I move one hand up to his hair tugging it like he likes it tugged making him groan into the kiss. Pulling me closer to him if possible I wrap my legs around his waist while his hand is holding the back of my neck, and the other traveling up my back under my shirt. I shiver at his touch moaning slightly.

Panting from the kiss after we pulled away for air I slap his chest scolding him for disobeying my request, he just laughs whispering "Well you didn't seem to mind while it was happening. Now did you my love?" I just pout at his words telling him that if he gets sick he can't blame me. "Never would I blame you, my love, I chose to kiss you. It was a pretty good decision though was it not?" he asks with a small smile. I nod before hearing a tapping at the window from beside the bed, looking over I see our family owl holding a letter addressed to me. I climb off of Teddy ignoring his protests on straining myself while sick, opening the window I take the letter giving the owl a treat while stroking his head. I open the letter when the owl flies off reading it out loud while sitting in Teddy's lap my back against him, "James dear how is this month going, at Hogwarts? Dad and I are very pleased with your lack of pranks, but we are also concerned with your next to none on letters with updates. We heard that Teddy and Victoir-" clearing my throat that got caught on her name. "Teddy and Victoire broke up? No one will really tell us anything so I suppose we will discuss it when you guys come home for the holidays! We are so excited to see you all in 4 days, you must tell us everything and that goes for Teddy too! He needs to explain himself because Bill is furious with the letter he got from Victoire saying that he broke up with her for someone els-" I gurgle at the text looking to Teddy in fear that Victoire had ruined their chances of approval, my eyes start to water but he kisses the tears away.

Waving for me to continue reading I start again, "Someone else. He refuses to come to our family dinner until Teddy explains himself and gets back together with her." my eyes start to tear up at the thought of him having to get back with her so our family doesn't become divided, I know his view on family and he would be dead before he started something to divide it apart. He holds me close whispering in my ear, "I will never leave your side. No matter what Jamie. I love you too much to ever leave you!" I slowly nod at his words exhaling before continuing, "Though we do think he has a good reason, he always does so we see no reason to guilt him into getting back with her if he was not happy. Now if this someone is just a fli-fling.. We will be very upset with him. Thankfully we know it is most likely not a fling, though we do wish it was you or one of your siblings he was with." I blush before continuing "But certainly you would tell us if it was, correct? I see no reason to why you would not inform us, we would hope that you would if such thing ever happened. Now before you get all worked up, we know you are best friends, but really why can't one of you just make a move on each other! We could all see the sexual tension between you two l-last year." I sputter before whipping my head to look at Teddy he is blushing a bright red at my mother's words of approval and demand I giggle kissing the corner of his mouth before reading again. "We so do hope it was you to finally knock some sense into that boy! She obviously was not the right match for him, I have no idea how he put up with her she is quite the brat I must say. Do not get me wrong I love my niece dearly but she is a bit of a pain, as well as rude and spoiled." I laugh slightly nodding my head silently in agreement. "With lots of love! Mum and Dad! See you all very soon." I sigh, thank Merlin the letter was good! I look up to see Teddy smiling at me, I turn and cough into my sleeve from the tickle in my throat. He rubs my back while I cough shuffling me off of him to get the cough syrup I have been refusing, it tastes foul and bitter.

I shake my head rapidly as he advances forward, shuffling to the headboard on the bed he climbs on crawling to me bottle still in his hand. "No Teddy! I will not drink that stuff it is horrid!" I exclaim moving my head as he tries to put the spoon in my mouth, "Babe, please! Just two spoonful's and your throat will feel better!" I blush at the new nickname but shake my head still refusing, he groans before advancing closer to me. He shoves the spoon into his own mouth making me confused on why he grabs my face pulling me close to his own before kissing me. Now knowing what he is doing I try to break the kiss but he squeezes my butt making me gasp, he slides his tongue into my mouth shoving it down along with the cough syrup. I whimper into his kiss while his tongue danced with my own while I swallow the syrup from his mouth now mixed with his own saliva, he groans when I suck his tongue to get the rest of the syrup. Pulling me closer to him he breaks the kiss both of us panting harshly, "Now will you drink the cough syrup?" he asks with a smirk still panting slightly. I huff but nod he puts the spoon in my mouth and I grimace at its taste, pulling Teddy down to my face I kiss him harshly darting my tongue through his lips and into his. Moaning into the kiss he grips my waist before starting to rub his waist against my own, thus making me into a mewling mess under him wanting more, the friction starting to affect me in ways I know he won't help me with, at least not now. I grunt at this 'make it special he says' 'In due time he says' I am thinking it is past freaking due time for something more than makeout sessions! I want him now, just to take me on this bed I do not even care anymore! He stops before he gets too riled up making me whine and chase his lips, he chuckles huskily making a shiver run through my spine.