Chapter 21: Teenage Angst

"All I want to do right now is cry and scream and let it all out because it's killing me inside." ~Anonymous

Marlene woke up in a dungeon, Bella outside the bars. "Oh look! The princess woke up." A sweet smile appeared on Marlene's face. "Bella, dear. You've been mistaken. I'm a queen." The girl sneered at her. "Is that what all the boys say?" Marlene shook her head. "No. They have other names for me. But in case you hadn't noticed, they treat me like a queen." Angrily, Bella pointed her wand at Marlene. "Crucio!" Marlene writhed in pain on the ground. Trying not to scream, she bit her lip until blood ran freely down her chin. It was worth it though, when Bella's face dropped, and she walked away.

She had been there for a week. Maybe more. She couldn't tell anymore. All she knew was that what she wanted more than anything else in the world was to kill Voldemort. And she would stop at nothing. Curled in a ball, she hardly noticed the pounding footsteps until they were in front of her cell. She tended, ready to pounce. They opened the door and she leap at them, only to tackle her brother. "Marcus, what are you doing here?" He grinned, hugging her tightly. "I'm rescuing you, of course. Are you alright?" She smiled at him. "I will be. Just get me home."

After being smothered by her parents for an hour, she was finally able to take a shower. As the hot water beat across her back, she slammed her fist into the tile until she felt better. Stepping out, she pulled a towel around herself, and entered her bedroom. She was just about to drop her towel when she heard a wolf whistle. Spinning around, she saw Sirius lounging on her bed. "I missed you, Marley. Did you really think that that fake break up Note would make me stop caring about you?" Marlene winced, and looked down. "Sirius..." she began softly. "It wasn't fake. I'm going to be honest, here. Two flirts can't be fully true to each other. You probably spent the night with another girl while I was gone. We don't work. Not on paper, and not in real life. Why I ever thought we could....I was blinded by my attraction to you, and I'm sorry!" By this time, Sirius had reached her, his strong arms braces against the wall on either side of her. "You're right. But," he leaned down so his lips were brushing hers with every word, "this doesn't have to stop." A small smile appeared on her face. "A friends with benefits?" He nodded, his hair tickling her face. "No strings attached." Holding her towel with one hand, Marlene grabbed the neck of his shirt and kissed him frantically. He switched their positions and pushed her into the bed, cursing when he slipped on a shoe. She giggled, and then shoved him back. "I'll see you at school, okay?" He nodded. Grabbing her face roughly, he planted one last kiss on her swollen lips before apparating away. Once he was gone, Marlene slumped to the bed and sobbed. She sobbed for herself and her pain, and for what her family went through, but most of all, she sobbed for things she couldn't explain.