Chapter 1

Picture by: @Aria_Draws

https://aminoapps.com/invite/ERT51M3PX3
Join the Sunny D amino ^^^
(If the link doesn't work then search 'SunnyDAmino' on the Amino app or DM me)

Hi! This is a Sunny D x Reader! If you don't like Sunny D then gtfo cuz u don't belong here. Read this for the lolz or if u have an actual love for Sunny D. Let's go (I just got FOB flashbacks from saying let's go wow).

•••••

"Dannnnnnn"
"Dannnnnnnnnn"
"Dannyyyyyyyyyyyy"
"Get up Danny boiiiii"

"Go awayyyy"

"Bruh it's 3pm and I did not come over to watch you sleep. Let's go!"

I watched as my good friend Dan rolled over in his orange and blue colored comforter. His favorite colors are orange and blue for some reason and I don't question him about it. He even dyed his hair orange! Anyway, because of that, I gave him the nickname Sunny D. He's like a little ball of sunshine once you get to know him, so the name fits.

Dan shoved me out of his room so he could get dressed and I decided to roam around his house. The walls were covered in pictures I had seen many times before. There were family photos and lovely paintings scattered all over. I smiled at a particular photo of Dans family. He had a family reunion and invited me so he'd have someone to talk to since there'd be a bunch of people he didn't know.

When it came time to take the family photo, his mom pulled me in and posed with me as if I was her own daughter. I smiled at the memory. Dans mom always treated me like I was her own kid and Dan even told me that she loves me more than him.

Finally Dan came out of his room wearing his favorite orange varsity jacket and black jeans. I followed him down the steps and as we went out the door, he grabbed a blue beanie from a coat hook and put it on his head.

It's winter here, so it's very cold. Lucky there's no snow yet, but I'm sure there will be some soon. Dan and I walked to a coffee shop nearby and quickly got inside. I rubbed my hands together as we stepped up to the counter. Then we ordered our drinks and sat down at a table.

"Sooooo, how are you?" Dan asked, trying to break the silence.

"Oh I'm doing just great Dan! After you were almost kidnapped yesterday by some freaky vampire looking dude who probably wanted to drink your blood, I just went home and took a nice nap!" I said, sarcastically.

"Gosh (Y/N), you're so dramatic. I'm fine aren't I? No one is drinking my blood!" He chuckled. I looked at him and sighed.

"Dan... you've gotta be careful. Who knows what that guy was planning on doing once he kidnapped you. Why were you even in that part of town? And in a sketchy alleyway of all places!" I asked, sipping my drink slowly.

Dan scratched his neck, nervously before looking up at me. "I-uh well... I saw a bunny... and it was just so cute I had to follow it... and I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going..." he trailed off. I sighed and face palmed. Leave it to Dan to follow a bunny into a sketchy alley and almost get kidnapped.

"Dan... you're such a child." I smiled at him. He let out a nervous laugh in response.

"I don't even know why you worry so much about me, (Y/N). You do know I'm trained in karate among other things right? And you do know who my parents are?" He asked, staring into my eyes. I shook my head.

"Of course I know that. But you're my friend, I care about you. Who knows what I would do without my precious Sunny D." I said, dramatically putting my hand on my head and leaning back. Dan laughed.

"Well I'm not leaving anytime soon." He said, smiling. I smiled in return.

We sat there chatting for about an hour or so before we finally decided to leave and do something else.

"So where are we going?" I asked Dan, swinging my arms back and forth. His face lit up, and a childish grin appeared.

"You'll see. Just follow me." He said, smiling widely.

I trusted Dan not to take me to an alley and mug me or anything like that so I followed him. I was still curious as to where he was taking me though.

We walked down the street and took a couple of turns before Dan covered my eyes.

"Okay okay don't look." He said, guiding me somewhere. I chuckled and closed my eyes. We walked for a bit longer before Dan suddenly stopped me and took his hands off my eyes.

"Okay open." He said. I opened my eyes and burst into laughter. Dan had taken me to a park.

I glanced at Dan and grinned. "Race ya to the swings." I challenged, not even waiting for an answer before I took off running. Dan laughed and chased after me.

I beat him to the swings and immediately started swinging. Dan caught up and started swinging too.

"You know it's freezing out, right? And you chose to go to a park." I stated, trying to swing higher than him. Dan chuckled.

"Yeah but parks are fun." He replied. I shook my head at his childishness.

We continued swinging for a while before Dan suddenly stopped swinging. I turned towards him with a questioning look. He was frozen in place, his face serious.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly.

"Sorry (Y/N), we need to go... like right now." He said, getting up and grabbing my hand. Dan dragged me away and kept looking behind us. After I felt we were pretty far away, I decided to say something.

"What is it this time?" I asked nonchalantly.

You see, Dan did this type of thing a lot. It's not really his fault that it always happens. It's because of who his parents are and what they do. There's been tons of times where Dan will see someone watching us and we will have to leave. At first, it made me really anxious, but now I'm used to it.

"It's the same old stuff. I know they don't normally do anything, but I don't wanna risk it with you here. Today could be the day they finally decide to make a move, you know?" He explained. I nodded my head in understanding.

"Are you ever going to tell me who they is or what any of this has to do with you?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"I told you, it's because of what my parents do." He replied. I sighed. That's what he always told me, but he never told me what his parents do.

I worried about him sometimes.

•••••
1149 words