Chapter 3

Amazing picture done by @CAT_Pastas

Aight so fun fact here: orange juice makes me really sick. Idk why but it does. The problem is that I really like orange juice. That's why I like sunny d cuz it doesn't actually have much orange juice in it so it doesn't make me sick and it kinda tastes like orange juice so I like it.

Also what if I just like refused to update unless I got fan art? I can just imagine all the random obscure things I'd get XD someone just writes sunny d on a piece of paper and sends it XD but I wouldn't do that to you guys

School has started for me though, so updates will be slower :/

If you have ideas feel free to comment, and if I use it, I'll dedicate the chapter to you!

Anyway I hope you enjoy the chapter :)

•••••

While I contemplated my life decisions as well as how the heckity heck I got myself into this whole situation, Dan started packing my bag for me.

I trusted that he wouldn't pack any weird outfits. Dan pretty much knew what I liked and didn't like. Then again, he might throw something weird in there as a joke but the majority of whatever he packed would probably be fine.... I hope.

"How long are we going to be gone for?" I asked, flopping onto my bed and staring at the ceiling. Dan took a few moments to answer.

"Well... about that. It could be as short as a couple of weeks, but if everything doesn't go as planned, we might be gone for a couple of months..." he explained calmly.

My eyes bulged.

Months?!

"Dan are you kidding me? A couple of weeks and a couple of months is a big difference! What about college?" I asked, trying not to freak out too much.

Dan continued to calmly pack my bag for me, opening different drawers of my dresser and placing random things into my suitcase.

"You do realize that with the classes you're taking, you have the option to either do your work online or in class, right? If this does turn into a long trip, we can both just do our work online until we get back." Dan explained.

Oh. Yeah I guess he had a point.

I sighed loudly and continued to stare at the ceiling.

"Where are we even going?" I asked. Where do people usually go when they're hiding? I'd assume in the country somewhere. I can't imagine we're going to travel very far though, either. Maybe a few hours away at most.

"Ah... well you see... all I'm going to say is you might want to find your passport." He replied.

Dan continued packing my things for me as I fought a mental battle.

Passport? That means we're leaving the country. How serious is this?! Wait, what if we don't speak the language and get mugged or lost? Or what if we catch some crazy disease and aren't allowed back into our own country? Or we get kidnapped by some foreign gang who sells us into slavery?

I shook my head and tried to get rid of my thoughts.

"Where exactly are we going, Dan?" I asked seriously.

At this point, he was now shuffling through my closet.

"Well... it's somewhere in the U.K. Not Ireland or Scotland. It's near the border of England and Wales. The thing is that I'm not sure how long we can stay there for, so we might need to go somewhere else." Dan told me, seeming a little unsure about his answer.

(A/N: if you live in the UK, then you can honestly just choose another English speaking country.)

I nodded my head in understanding. This all seemed so complicated but at this point all I could do was trust that Dan knew what he was doing.

Dan exited my closet and walked out of my room, turning into the bathroom right outside my door. I heard him shuffling things around and I assumed he was still packing my things for me. I sighed.

After a few seconds, I stood up and decided to start packing myself a bag for the plane. I grabbed my favorite backpack from my closet and began putting whatever I thought I would need for the flight in it. I put my laptop and its charger in, some gum, and other stuff too. Then I zipped up the bag and set it at the door of my bed.

Dan walked in a few seconds later and set a bunch of stuff into my suitcase. I saw my toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, and all the other bathroom things I'd usually pack for a trip.

About 30 minutes later, everything I needed was packed and Dan was zipping up my suitcase. Then he flopped onto the bed, laying across my legs and facing the ceiling.

"Don't you have to pack a bag too?" I questioned, realizing he probably wasted all this time packing my bag for me when he should've been packing his own.

"No, I already packed mine. It's actually in my car right now." He replied.

I nodded my head. If my parents saw his car in our driveway, they wouldn't really care that he was here. He practically lived here half of the time anyways. But my parents worked at night, so normally if Dan spent the night, we'd both be on our way to school by the time my parents got home.

"When are we leaving? We must be leaving soon if you have your bags with you." I said, closing my eyes and breathing calmly.

"Well... our flight is tomorrow morning. Early tomorrow morning. And I knowwww you're not a morning person, but you can sleep on the plane." He stated.

Wow. I couldn't believe we were leaving so soon. I sighed and nodded my head, showing him I understood. Leaving early in the morning meant I wouldn't get to say goodbye to my parents before I left, but I'm sure I can text them some other time.

I pulled my legs out from under Dan and slid out of bed. Then I walked to the light switch and turned off the lights. Dan moved so he wasn't sideways on the bed anymore and got under the covers. I went back towards the bed and made myself comfortable too.

Sleeping in the same bed wasn't weird for us or anything. I mean we were best friends so we did it a lot. I closed my eyes and whispered a 'goodnight' to Dan, before letting sleep take over.

The next few weeks are going to be interesting.

I hope everything goes well.

•••••
1119 words

Oof hello. I don't think I've updated this since like August 8th lol. Anyways there you go and I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Updates will be really slow but just work with me and it'll all be okay.

Idea for the next chapter? Feel free to share and if I use it, I'll credit you! Or you can share any ideas you have, doesn't matter.

Send fanart to justasunnyd@gmail.com

I've also noticed that some of you have come up with short stories, and whatnot about Sunny D too. If you want, I can make a NEW book dedicated to those stories. You could email me the story, have me edit it if you think it needs it, and then I could put the story in the book, crediting you of course, and it'd be like a little collection. Another idea would be to just have you create a book for your story on your own wattpad, and you could tell me so I can share your account name in this book so others can find your story. But idk I think it'd be easier just to have one book of all the stories so people don't have to go on a lot of different accounts to read these stories. Anyways! Just tell me what you think.

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME: you can email a msg to me at the sunny d email I mentioned earlier or you can DM me here on wattpad. If I don't respond after a while, feel free to spam me or something until I do. I don't always get every notification so sometimes messages get lost. I'd like to prevent that!

Okay wow this chapter is getting really long so I'm going to end it here. We're at 1420 words!!!