Chapter 1

Simon laid on his bed in the Hotel Dumort, limbs sprawled around him as he stared at the ceiling, wishing he could just fall asleep. He had been awake now for what had seemed to be forever, letting his thoughts drift and swirl around in his head, dark and murky. He sighed deeply before heaving himself into an upright position, the bed springs creaking under his weight before stepping out of his room, closing the door softly behind him.

The hotel was silent, all fellow residents either asleep or out of the hotel, probably partying or whatever. Simon really couldn't be bothered. His feet padded across the cold marble floor as he reached his destination, and walked in, closing the door behind him.

As he looked around the room, he let out a breath he didn't realize he had been holding. The room was empty. There wasn't much in the room itself, only a bed with silk covers, a bookshelf, a desk that was covered in paperwork, and of course, a huge walk-in closet.

Simon, assuming the owner was out, made his way across the room and threw himself onto the bed. It was the softest, most comfortable bed he had ever laid on, its silky covers cool and smooth. He lay there for a while, savoring the comfort the bed had given him before suddenly getting up. He had an idea.

He walked into the closet and threw open the doors, walking in. There were racks upon racks of clothing, all of them fine, each one probably costing twice as much as what was in Simons own closet. As he rifled through the clothes, he found one, in particular, that was especially beautiful. It was a dark navy blue, with flowers sewn onto the jacket in a vibrant red thread, with silver buttons that seemed to make the jacket all more stunning.

Simon carefully slid one arm into the jacket, then the other and looked at himself in the mirror present in the room. It was comfortable, though a bit snug on him, it was tailored to someone else's body type so that was to be expected. He breathed in deeply, inhaling the scent of the owner of the jacket, the one he had had a crush on for about a month now, the one who had helped him cope with becoming a vampire when the door to the room swung open.

"Simon, what are you doing in my room?" Raphael asked. Simon had been caught.