1

I woke up

I woke up. It was cold and dark.  There was a pounding in my head as if someone had hit me hard on the back of my head. I had no idea where I was but what was even more scary was that I couldn't remember anything. I could remember things like the sky was blue and the grass was green but I couldn't remember personal stuff like my name or my family.

The cage I was in jolted upwards, it had started to move like an elevator. It increased my growing state of panic. I had no idea where this elevator was leading me to. I could be going to my death for all I know.

I looked around all that was in the box with me was a few boxes. On the side of the boxes the word W.I.C.K.E.D was printed.
So many questions were circling around in my brain. Where was I? Where was I going? Who am I?

Suddenly the cage came to a screeching stop. I fell over landing on the cold metal. The shock of the fall meant I couldn't prepare myself for what was going to happen next. Panic was coasting through my veins.

All of a sudden all I could see was a bright white light. It was as if the roof of the box had been opened. I could hear whispers but couldn't make out what was being said, nor could I see where the voices were coming from.

A loud clank erupted followed by a face. The owner of the face stood over me blocking out the blinding sun. His hair was a mess of blonde pushed back and he had warm chocolate brown eyes. His jaw was sharp and bony.
"It's a bloody girl." He said, he had a strong British accent which was masked in shock.
"So what I'm a girl!" I snapped back.
The boy continued to stare at me as if he had never seen a girl before.
"Well..." he scratched the back of his neck not knowing how to reply to my comment.
"Newt what's taking so shucking long. Bring her up!" Another voice boomed also belonging to a male.

The blonde boy, who I now know was named Newt, held out a hand for me. I stared at his hand as if it was coated in bird shit. Next I shook my head once and got myself of the floor.

Newt gestured to a rope that lead out the top of the cage. 
"Climb it." He said.
"Why what's up there?" I asked.
"Wait and see love"
"Don't call me that. I'm not your love" anger was bubbling inside of me and I didn't know why. It's not like the boy was being rude to me in anyway. Maybe i was just scared and this was my way of defence.

I grab ahold of the rough rope and climb it using the wall of the box to help me.

Once I was up it took me a while to adjust to the brightness.  When I had I looked around. All I could see were teenage boys. Many of them had their mouths open, gawking at me, some smirked and a few even whistled at me. Fear once again filled my body.

I saw an opening in the group of boys and decided to sprint thought it. I ran as fast as I could.  I heard footsteps behind me, this only made me pump my legs faster.