4

It was my first day as an official track-hoe

It was my first day as an official track-hoe. I woke up early so I could have a shower. Chuck had finally given me some towels and some fresh clothes which had come up in the box along with some other well needed items.

I walked over to the showers. Waking up early was a good idea because it meant that I could have a shower without any of the boys being around.

I went into one of the cubicles and shut the door. There was no lock on the door so I just made sure it was firmly closed. I had to leave my clothes outside so they didn't get wet but I doubt the boys will be up before I'm done.

I stripped down and turned on the cold shower. The water ran over my body cleaning off all the dirt and grime from the past days. Using the shampoo and conditioner that was brought up with my things I washed my hair.

When I finished I wrapped a towel tightly around myself before heading out to retrieve my clothes.

I was bending down to pick them up of the floor when the door opened. I stood up quickly and turned around.

"Oh. I'm so sorry Marie. I didn't think anyone was in here if I had known..." newt said looking anywhere but at me.

I held the towel tightly so it didn't drop. "Um..." I didn't know what to say I knew I was blushing and so was newt.

"Oh right I'll um leave then." Newt says and he goes back out. I quickly pick up my clothes and run into the cubicle slamming the door shut. That was so akward. I can't believe that just happened. It's going to make things so strange between me and newt now, and I was really starting to like him.

I quickly got dressed before heading out of the shower room. Newt was still standing outside when he saw me, he scratched the back of his neck and blushed.

"Can we keep this between us?" I asked. I didn't want him gossiping with the other gladers about me, not that I think he would, he was to respectful for that.
"Of course. I'm going to go shower now I'll see you later Marie."
Newt headed into the shower room and suddenly my mind formed an image of newt in the shower. I had no idea why my mind would drift to that. I instantly blushed and pushed the imagine from my mind.

When I got to the kitchen the other boys were up and eating. I grab some water and an apple from frypan before heading to my usual table where chuck was already sat waiting for me,munching on his own apple.
"Morning chuckie" the nickname rolled off my tongue so easily, I didn't even think about it.
"Morning Marie" chuck replied."Where were you this morning?"
"Went for a shower."
"Explains why your hair is wet"
Chuck let out a little giggle. It was so sweet and cute and once again sent a pang of familiarity though my body. What was it about this boy that was so familiar?

"Well greenie you don't want to be late for your first day on the job now do you?" Chuck said snapping me out of my thoughts. He got up and left waving good bye. I quickly ate my breakfast before heading to the gardens where I met zart. He said that I was going to be harvesting today so I headed off to the fields with a basket and began to work the field.

After a few hours of hard labour I was tired and hungry. It was lunch and I hurriedly took myself over to the kitchen for some much needed food.

Chuck wasn't here so I sat down at our usual table and waited for him before I started eating.

Two boys who I meet at the campfire the other night came over Alex was taller than his friend. He was quite skinny and had cropped brown hair and piercing green eyes. Leon was rather short compared to his mate he had similar hair to Alex but he had brown eyes.

"Hey Marie, how's life in the glade treating you?" Alex said sitting down opposite me.
"Good, can't complain got a bed and food. What else do I need?"
"Well our memories would be good thing to have" Leon says this was the first time someone had so blatantly spoke about this subject. It shocked me and I didn't know how to reply to this at first.
"Well I guess that would be nice to have back."
"Sorry didn't mean to bum you out" Leon apologies.
"No worries"

Chuck came over and joined us sitting next to me instead of opposite because the other two boys were in his usual seat. They already knew each other which was good.

After lunch I went back to work. I worked hours in the hot sun harvesting the crops before taking them to kitchen where I then stayed for dinner. Alex and Leon joined us for food again. I think it was going to be a usual thing but I didn't mind as I was begin to like the two boys and could see we were going to be good friends.

Me and Alex finished first so we decided to head out to the deadheads to chill. Chuck and Leon were going to meet us there later.

I sat down against a tree and Alex sat opposite me crossed legged. We just chatted a while about life in the glade before Alex said something that I didn't expect,"I think your really cute Marie"
I just stared at him for a while, blushing.
"Thank you Alex that's really sweet of you to say." I replied brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.
"I know there isn't much to do here in the glade but I would really like to take you on a date, but only if your comfortable with that?"
"That would be nice"
"Well that's good. How about tomorrow lunch time. Meet me here same place."
"It's a date"

The other two boys joined us then we talked long into the night. I could feel Alex's eyes on me which made me blush. Chuck picked up on this,"M, why are you blushing like a little school girl?" He had a cheeky grin on his face.

"No reason" i said, quickly  glancing towards Alex who was now blushing too.

Once again chuck picked up on this aswell, "wait what exactly happened while me and Leon weren't here?"

"Um well I may or may not have agreed to go on a date with Alex" I said refusing to make eye contact with anyone. I stared at my muddy tennis shoes fiddling with the sleeves of my t-shirt.

"Oh my shucking hell" chuck gasps
"I don't believe it you shuck face asked her I didn't think you had the guts" Leon says clapping his mate on the back which only causes Alex to blush more.

The two boys teased us untill it was too late to stay up anymore and we headed to the homestead to sleep. Though because I slept next to chuck he continued to tease me until I rolled around and ignored him.

Word count | 1230