♛| ALONE AT DARK

ONE | alone at dark

ONE | alone at dark.

THE MOON HUNG plump in the night sky, illuminating the dark land below. The stars shimmered and danced in the upper regions of the air as if they had no care in the word. Dry autumn wind blew in the open streets.

The dark skinned woman shuddered, feeling the cold air kiss at her bare cheeks. She grumbled, licking her dry lips.

'I really should've brought a jacket,' she cursed herself. Wearing nothing but grey sweatpants and a black fitted t-shirt, she made her way down the empty street. Only she would force herself out of the comfort of her New York apartment to go to the corner store at three in the morning. However, it wasn't for no reason. It was no mystery that Nova would wake up at odd hours of the night to find something to eat. Seeing as she had failed to restock on her snacks, she took it upon herself to go the the corner store.

She hummed to herself, quietly enjoying the twinkling stars and the slight breezes. Although goosebumps had made themselves known on her skin, she loved the autumn weather.

She often took this path at this hour, plus,It wasn't a far walk from her apartment. So, she would be fine. Or at least that's what she thought.

As the dark skinned female made her way down the empty sidewalk, a figure cloaked in black followed her. Their heavy boots crushed the dry leaves under, catching her attention. Nova looked over her shoulder to see a heavyset figure following her. They were most definitely taller than her five foot three frame, reaching damn near six feet. The person following her tilted their head downwards, making her unable to catch his identity.

Nova felt shock and panic wash over her as she gripped her arms tighter. 'Who is that?' She thought, regret of walking outside alone piercing her brain. She bit her lip as she started to walk faster. Whoever was behind her picked up their pace as well.

"Shit!" She whisper yelled, starting to jog a little. She knew she should have waited until sunrise. Fear rushed through her veins as she glanced backwards. The person seemed closer, a little less than seven feet away from her. She deduced because of the shape of the person, they were male. Double shit.

How long had had he been following her? How come she didn't hear his heavy steps?

A yelp escaped her plump lips as a heavy hand slammed on her shoulder.

"Hey, Baby." The man said in a sleazy voice, right next to her ear. His voice was old and gritty, like all he did was munch on rocks.

Nova quickly snatched herself away from the man, ready to release her inner track star. She glared at him. "Why are you f-following me?" She said in a stern voice, cursing herself for stuttering.