♛| UNWELCOME

THREE | unwelcome

THREE | unwelcome.

MULTIPLE THOUGHTS RACED through Nova's mind as she drove home. What did he mean 'He knew what he wanted'? She had just got her mind around what actually happened that night, and here he was. Requesting shit. Don't get her wrong, she was great full to him for saving her, even if he did kill the man in the process.

The sound of her phone buzzing caught her attention. Without looking away from the street, she fished her phone out from her duffel bag, answering the phone.

"Hello?"

"Nova? Baby girl is that you?" The sound of her mother's voice warmed her a she put the phone on speaker.

"Mama? How are you doing? Are you okay?" Nova asked softly, smiling at the road.

Her mother barley had time to call her, seeing as she was always in and out of the hospital. Her mother had some rare disease that effected her blood, rendering her ill almost all the time.

"I'm fine baby. The nurses are so nice."
Her mother's soft voice said from the other line. Nova felt a pang of sadness eat at her heart. She hated hearing her mother like this. Too weak to move, too weak to stand. It ate at poor Nova.

She bit back tears and turned into another road. Nova worked her ass off to make sure her mother gets the help she needs to stay alive. It took a toll on her money and mind, but it was a small price to pay for another life. Especially the one that gave one to her.

"That's great to hear, ma." She strained, trying to keep the tears inside her eyes.

Her mother laughed a little before clearing her throat. "I didn't call to talk about me though. How are you honey?"

"I'm fine, ma. I'm just really stressed—"

"Now Nova. What I tell you about stressing yourself out? You'll catch another panic attack."

She was referring to a time where Nova came to visit and since she was juggling school and two jobs, she had a panic attack. It was not a pleasant experience.

"I'm okay," she said. "Truly."

Nova debated on telling her mother about Anarchy. Shaking the topic, she decided not to and her talked about her work life until she pulled into her apartment complex.

Nova walked up the stairs to her apartment. "So I told that heffa I wanted apple juice not orange— Nova?"

Nova looked at her door. Something seemed off about her apartment, but she couldn't tell what. "I-I'll call you back mama." She said her goodbyes to her mother before she opened the unlocked door.

Internally panicking, she tried to make an excuse for why on earth her front door was unlocked. 'I probably left it open on accident.' She thought, gulping.

The apartment—was a mess— to say the least. Yes, she was messy on occasions, but it was obvious that she wasn't the one who did this to her home. Foreign clothes were strewn everywhere, and a soggy bowl of cereal lay on her countertop, the spoon no where to be seen.

"What the..." she breathed.

Nova quickly closed the door and looked around her apartment. Someone had been in there. Tip-toeing near her bedroom, she heard the faint sound of the shower running and realized the bathroom light was on.

'What the actual fuck!' She screamed in her mind, walking cautiously towards the room. Nova's breath hitch as she heard humming from inside the bathroom. Male humming.

Nova lived alone.

Saying a quick prayer, Nova's shaking hand reached for the door knob. She opened the door silently, only for for her to to be bombarded by a wall of warm steam.

Nova looked at the steam in confusion before walking to the bathtub. She had to fan the warm air out of her way in order to see. Damn, was whoever that was bathing using scorching water?

There was definitely someone in there.
She clamped her bare hand against the wet bath curtain, pulling it back completely.

Nova's doe-like orbs widened.

Standing there in all his naked and mysterious glory, was Anarchy.

"Oh my God!" She screeched, stumbling back.

What the hell was he doing in her bathtub?