Chapter Eleven; Allegiances

I jolt awake.

   Silence.

   How long have I been here now? A day, at least. Or perhaps only a night? Maybe two. . . three? Maybe more? Who knows. But regardless, one thing is for sure: I've got to get out of here. And soon.

   My awakening is immediately justified as a harrowsome steel groan echoes loudly throughout the building, grinding every ounce of serenity into inexistance and rattling the walls around me. I find myself squinting even beneath the blindfold, and clenching my teeth. If I wasn't fully awake before, I surely am now. The screech alone is so painful to hear that I'm surprised I don't cry out myself. The sound just seems to drag on and on, and I can't help but wonder if it's ever going to end. Until, at last, it does, and is followed by a loud bang, as though some sort of ginormous door has just been shut.

   And just like that, the silence returns.

   It's deafening.

   It is not long at all before two voices can be heard inside the building, and the sound of hurried footsteps drift quietly through the wall from just outside the room. It's hard to determine whose voices they are, but I'm assuming one of them is probably Undyne, since I'm about ninety-nine percent sure at this point that she's the one who is keeping me here. I mean, who else could it be? All I know is, honestly, it could have been worse. And I'm grateful that it wasn't, I'm just hoping it will stay that way. Why she might be doing this, I honestly couldn't guess. That's something even I can't figure out. She did say that she was doing this for her own benefit, not mine, which I probably would have figured out anyway. But she also said she was doing this for someone else, too, so who could that possibly be? And why? This situation just keeps getting more and more frustrating. Right when I thought I was finally figuring things out, right when things were finally getting back on track. . . this happens. And now, that just puts so many more unanswered questions onto my plate. And, speaking of plates, if what Undyne said was true, that my body is still being declined of energy, then that certainly doesn't leave me much time to figure all this out. Sure, I want answers, but staying here for even a single day too long could leave me with far more crucial consequences to worry about than just being trapped.

   The noises in the hallway gradually grow louder, until the door finally opens to the room I am in, and one of the two people enter. Probably Undyne, seeing as she was the one who came in here last time. I seriously doubt she would just let some random person walk in here, especially with someone like me being contained in here. I don't even think she turned the lights on, just open the door and walk straight ahead. As she approaches, I pretend like I'm asleep, hoping she'll just ignore me and walk right past. Pretend-sleeping turns out to not be the best choice I probably could have made, as she instead delivers a hard slap across my face and yells for me to wake up. Still trying to play it up a bit so she doesn't know I was faking, I act like I really have just woken up and that I'm still feeling way too drowsy and disoriented to really understand what's going on. At this point, that's the only thing I really can do in this situation.

   She continues to move around the room, fiddling with various items, until I hear her ripping something. I am beginning to grow nervous as she places a thick piece of duct tape over top of my mouth to prevent me from talking. It's not like I was planning to do so anyway, but it worries me to know that something is about to transpire of which she does not want me making noise during. It takes everything I can muster not to cower away as she approaches me again, and I can only hope that this time, by some miracle, this really is a good thing.

   Then, to my amazement, she begins to untie my hands.

   The absolute second the ropes are off, I instinctively whip my hands away from her, suddenly having the urge to defend them as though they were my pets. I cradle them protectively against my chest, not wanting to let them go. I have to struggle against her force as she grabs them again, and somehow, I can't help but feel a strong sense of defeat as she fights to pull them back behind me again, and wins. She then proceeds to re-tie them not behind the chair, but rather, just behind my back. Then, she gets onto her knees and begins untying my feet from the bottom two legs of the chair, first my left, and then followed by my right shortly after.