Chapter 29: Reassurance and costume pieces

"I'm sorry" he murmurs slowly putting me down. I shake my head and cup his face, "Josh it's not at all your fault" I assure him "It's just" I trail off looking down "I think we're going a bit too fast" I admit looking back up at him.

His face soften and he nods in understanding, "I understand" he says before taking a step back. My heart breaks as I watch him take a seat at the couch and run his fingers through his hair. "Josh" I sigh "I want to, I really do, but I can't give myself away like that when we've been together for what a month?" He bites his lip and nods.

"I just need reassurance" I explain causing his brows to furrow as he turns his head to look at me. "Do you think I'm going to fuck you and leave?" He asks bluntly taking me aback.

"Maya, I love you okay!" He exclaims causing my eyes to widen as he stands up "You mean everything to me and Elli. I haven't been able to feel this way about a person ever since Maria. You make me happy in such simple ways that it confuses me. I want you in my life and if you think all I want from you is sex, well" he sighs shaking his head "Maybe you're not who I thought you were" he whispers.

I look at him in shock before finally cupping his face and crashing my lips onto his. He's shocked at first bit after a few seconds his lips move against mine and I can't help but smile. "I needed reassurance that I was good enough for you" I admit causing his eyes to widen.

"I didn't want you to do something you'd regret later on. I couldn't give myself away like that for you to give up on me later on" I explain making his face soften.

"Maya, you're everything to me" he admits caressing my cheek. "You mean so much to Elli and I, you are more than what we want, you are more than what we need. We are the ones who don't deserve a gorgeous, kind hearted, smart woman like you" he admits making my heart swell.

"I love you Maya and I won't let you go any time soon" he adds making a smile pull at my lips. "I love you too" I admit causing his eyes and smile to widen. "You do?" He asks clearly shocked. I nod and giggle before leaning up and pressing my lips back on his, in a passionate kiss.

"Take me to the bedroom" I whisper.

~🎭~

Waking up next to Josh always put me in a good mood, I loved waking up next to him, it always makes me feel like I have someone in my life who does care about me, and after last night it became abundantly clear that we both needed each other in different ways. Josh made me feel loved and cared for, and I made Josh happy again and gave him another chance at love.

"Morning gorgeous" I smile and snuggle closer to him. "Hm" I hum allowing my eyes to flutter open, finding him with a soft smile pulled at his lips as his sparkling blue eyes look down at me. "Morning" I smile, he loves a strand of my hair out of my face and caresses my cheek, "How are you feeling?" He asks making a smile spread at my lips "Amazing" I gush making him chuckle.

"As much as I wanna stay with you in bed, I promised Elli we'd go out for breakfast with Riley" he says with a slight frown. "Sounds great" I say making him roll his eyes "But I wanna stay here with you" he whines making me laugh and my heart swell.

"Come on Elli will be sad if we don't go, and as much as I love you, I don't want to make her sad" I say causing the biggest smile to invade his lips.

"What?" I giggle sitting up.

"You love me" I nod before he suddenlybsits back up and crashes his lips on mine. He takes me aback but I don't fail to kiss him back. "I love you so much" he murmurs against my lips pulling me closer to him. He licks my bottom lip to deepen the kiss and I open my mouth to him, letting a soft moan out.