Chapter 1: A Mischevious Encounter

Harry's POV (3rd person)

The chugging of the Hogwarts express almost covered the small mews and scratches on Harry, Ron, and Hermione's closed off compartment door, almost being the main point for Hermione being the closest to the door had heard it. Knowing it could not have been Crookshanks since he was sleeping soundly on her lap. "Ron dear it seems we have someone wanting to enter the compartment would you open the door?" she asked which got her a raised eyebrow in return but he just shrugged and opened the door. A small long-haired tabby calico kitten trotted in through the door, with so much poise you would not think it was a kitten rather than it's size. It looked around before spotting Harry and mewing, he offered it his hand to climb into, which it took. Lifting the small furball up to his face it purred and rubbed its cheek on his, he gently lifted it... er... her up "Definitely a girl." he concluded all of their suspicions but there were still questions in the air, "But who's kitten is she?" he asked out loud as she curled up on his lap, still purring strong. "Not a clue," Ron replied leaning against Hermione. "Well, she's very well behaved so I can't suspect that it's a 1st to a 4th year since they can barely brush their own hair. Plus she's well groomed so perhaps a pureblood or half-blood in 5th to 8th year." Hermione explained with ease; baffling both the boys once again.

Draco's POV (3rd person)

"Celeste?" Draco called, throwing anything that could be obstructing his vision of his new kitten, he was alone in his return to Hogwarts for an 8th year so that meant he was alone in a compartment on the train. "Fuck... SHIT! Celeste! Where are you?" he yelled, but quickly covered his mouth. "That little troublemaker..." he sighed rubbing his face in distress, Draco was already anxious about being back, alone at that! All his friends after the war had fled, thankfully Potter had helped his mother and him get off... well, all his friends but Pansy and Blaise but they were taking other transportation to Hogwarts. During the end of summer, his mother had gotten him a kitten from her trip to Paris, she was the most poise cat Draco had ever encountered and was instantly taken with the small feline. He shakily sighed and opened the door to the hall in between the rest of the compartments, knocking on the first door in front of his own a smiling She Weasley opened the door, Lovegood and Longbottom inside, her smile quickly turning into a scowl, "What do you want Malfoy?" she seethed out. "Have you seen a small calico kitten around? She snuck out of my compartment." he asked keeping his head down, She Weasley was very confused with his new demeanor "Er I heard meowing heading down the hall a little bit ago... you have a kitten?" she asked in shock. Draco just nodded and mumbled a thank you before heading to where she had said, knocking on a few more doors and running into some younger years along the way, finally knocking on the golden trio's door. Weasley was grumbling about so many people trying to come in from inside before opening the door and his jaw-dropping to Draco standing in front of him, "Er... What do you want Malfoy? A hex to match that nasty tattoo of yours?" he scowled causing Draco to self-consciously pull his one sleeve down, "No I'm looking for my kitten you haven't seen her, have you? She's cali-" he started. "She's in here Malfoy, come in, will you? We don't need first years knowing Harry is in here." Granger chimed in sighing, Weasley scowled more but shuffled to let Draco in. He walked in scanning the room only to see Celeste in Potter's lap, Great he thought to himself, "Stealing my kitten Potter?" he asked raising an eyebrow, this was the only time he couldn't act weak, around him. "No Malfoy she came to me actually," Potter responded looking at him with those piercing green eyes, Draco rolled his eyes as Weasley closed the door behind him and sat down glaring at him. Boldly Draco moved to sit next to Potter, as soon as he did Celeste mewed and crawled into his lap, jumping onto his shoulder snuggling into his neck "Hello Celeste, you've gotten yourself quite lost haven't you?" he cooed earning a purr and mewl back he let go the smallest smile as he pet her, the golden trio to say the least was in shock.