Chapter 26 ✱

Chapter 26 ✱

Kelly✱

I can't believe my mother was right this entire time. There is something wrong with Chris. I was just blinded by his beautiful smile and his face...don't even get me started on his face. This is man is perfect but it's always the perfect ones that are the most crazy.

But one thing I know for sure is that I can't tell my mom about this. Actually I'm just gonna keep the whole thing under wraps until we're back at home. I can't believe I fell for his whole boy next door charade. I feel so stupid and betrayed.

"Kelly, Kelly , KELLY!" I heard Michelle scream in my face.

I shook my head knocking me out of my little Day dream.

"Yes?" I questioned.

"Are you okay?" She asked me with a concerned look on her face.

"Yes, I'm fine," I lied to her.

"Okay then how do I look in this dress?" She questioned as she strutted a little bit and turned around.

I gave her a fake smile.

"Girl you look great," I answered her.

In all honesty the dress makes her look big but I'd rather not tell her that.

She looked at herself in the mirror.

"Hmmm I think I kind of look big," she scrunched her nose up.

Better that she figure out the problem herself.

"You do look kind of big," I replied back to her.

"Okay I'm definitely gonna change out of this dress," she stalked away quickly to change out of the dress.

I'm honestly not in the mood for girl's day anymore. I just wanna lay down and think about everything.

I hope this goes by quick.

***

Chris ✱

"You know Chris, you're all right," Uncle Larry said slapping his hand on my back heavily.

"Thanks, that means a lot," I replied back to him.

We just got back from the basketball game and I think I impressed Uncle Larry and Kelly's Grandpa a lot. They were laughing the entire time. That's one of my hidden skills is impressing people and getting them on my side.

"Maybe one day we can shoot a couple of hoops but right now I need a nap. I'm tired as hell," he stated as he left me and his dad in the room.

"So Chris...you really care about Kelly huh?" He asked.

I nodded my head and smiled.

"Yeah, I really like her. She makes everyday a better day for me and the way she cares for Royalty is everything. She's so special and I'm glad I met her when I did." I told him honestly.

She smiled.

"Well I'm glad she met a man like you that really cares for her. Honestly I liked Frank but he just seemed a little too off for me. He worked all the time so when he did visit he wasn't around much," He said making me shake my head.

"She doesn't speak about him much so I really have no words for this conversation. I know that she still thinks about him. It's just something I can tell by looking at her but that's normal for someone who has a dead husband," I replied back to him.

"We—" he was cut off by the front door opening.

"We're back!" Aunt Sandra yelled as she walked through the door.

I headed towards the door to greet Kelly.

I've only been away from her for a couple of hours but I feel like it's been a whole week. I'm not gonna lie I do get attached pretty quickly.

Once I seen Kelly a smile crept up on my face.

She didn't smile back at all. Actually she didn't even make eye contact with me.

I went over to her and hugged her. I was about to kiss her on the lips but she dodged it so I kissed her cheek instead.

I scrunched up my face as I stared down at her.

"Baby, you alright?" I asked her.

She nodded her head and put on a fake smile.

"I'm fine, just tired, baby," she replied back leaning up to kiss my lips.

She's definitely lying but I have no idea what could be wrong because I haven't done anything.

"Well maybe you should go get some rest. I'll tuck you in once I get upstairs," I said to her hoping to get a chuckle or something but I got nothing.

Michelle came up to me.

"Don't worry about that I really think she is tired because I had her running all over," she told me.

I nodded my head.

"Yeah I guess I better get up there," I told her walking off towards the bedroom I share with Kelly.

When I came into the room I could hear the shower going in the conjoined bathroom.

I know she's clearly upset because of something but I know something that could help.

I stripped naked before walking to the bathroom. I opened the door to see it starting to get steamy. I tip toed over to the shower and then got in.

I could tell she had no clue I was right behind her so I wrapped my arm around her waist.

She jumped immediately and her body tensed up.

"You good?" I questioned her turning her around so she's facing me.

She looked like she wanted to say something but she stopped.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she replied back wrapping her arms around me.

I know she's upset about something but this isn't the time to dig. We're around her family...

I just hope this isn't about what I think it's about...

________________________________

What do you guys think?
Should she run now or keep calm?

Comment below
Vote please
Follow also

Xoxo - Msfanfictional 🌺