Amarjeet Sada

Amarjeet (or Amardeep) Sada made himself known as a gruesome young killer not only in his own country, India, but all over the world as "India's youngest serial killer".

In January 2007, Chunchun Devi, a young mother residing in Musahri, Bihar, India, left her six-month-old daughter Khushboo to sleep at the village primary school while she attended to household chores. When she returned, she found that the baby had disappeared.

The Musahri villagers immediately confronted an 8-year-old boy, Amarjeet Sada, son of an impoverished Indian couple of the neighbourhood, who happily confessed that he had strangled Khushboo and hit her with a brick before attempting to bury the body in the nearby field, covering it with grass and leaves. He even led them to the spot. They turned him over to authorities on May 30, 2007, and his parents fled the village before police came.

The residents started calling Amarjeet a "mini" serial-killer, admitting that they were extra careful around him because during the previous year he had allegedly killed his sister and cousin too, both around the same age as Khushboo, with the same modus operandi. However, there is no official confirmation of these two killings, they had never been reported, since they were considered a "family matter".

When he was arrested and questioned, Amarjeet allegedly said to police: "Khapda se mar mar ke suta deliyay (I killed by beating her with a brick)". Inspector Shatrudhan Kumar of Bihar police stated that the boy spoke little but smiled a lot, asking for biscuits.

Experts who examined the boy said that he appeared to be a sadist who derived pleasure from inflicting injuries and that he didn't have a sense of right or wrong.

Not much more has ever been released about this case, just that Amarjeet was charged with murder for Khushboo's death and tried as a juvenile. But, since in the Indian law the maximum punishment for juvenile is three years, it's possible that he served the rest of his sentence in a psychiatric institute.

Also, rumor has it that he changed his name to "Samarjit" and managed to recover from his conduct disorder through rehabilitation and treatment. 

____

More on my Patreon page -->> https://www.patreon.com/posts/16413377