Ch. 2 - Aria

Updated

She wasn't sure where she exactly was, but did she really care?

No.

In fact, she didn't care about any of the minute details because all she needed to know was the fact that she was happy—so incredibly, indescribably happy. It was the fulfilling type of happy that made her wonder what she did to deserve it. It was something so surreal that she couldn't help falling in love. Of course, she knew that this moment, this absolutely gorgeous moment, could exist only in one place: her mind.

It was bittersweet, and like always, she did her best to appreciate the beauty of the situation. Nevertheless, Aria couldn't help but overanalyze certain aspects of her dreams and the illusions until it broke. It wasn't like she wanted to overthink the situation, but the logic and the outcomes of the events simply didn't add up.

A stream of sunlight seeped through the blinds, and like always, she would fight against it. That morning was no different, except for the numerous notifications on her phone that never seemed to stop.

Eventually, she relented and opened her eyes before she cursed the blinds for not doing their job properly.

Summer was ending, and so were her days of loafing around.

Aria continued to lie on her bed as she silently wondered who the hell had the audacity to text her so early in the morning. She grabbed her phone and opened her messages.

Hey–7:00 AM

Hello?–7:15 AM

Yooooo–7:45 AM

Are you still asleep?–8:43 AM

Aria groaned. They were all from the same person—Mira.

She texted back.

Why are you up?–9:50 AM

The replies came in quicker than she imagined.

Just woke up?–9:51 AM

Let's go somewhere–9:51 AM

I finally quit my summer job–9:51 AM

I'm FREE–9:51 AM

The message bubbles kept coming in rapid succession. Aria didn't even had the chance to send in her own message as it continued.

Shopping?–9:52 AM

Now?–9:52 AM

Aria finally pressed Send for her one message.

I'm broke AF–9:52 AM

The messages continued to dance on the screen before they disappeared, only to reappear a moment later.

I have to buy a dress–9:55 AM

Instead of actually typing in words, Aria sent a saucy-looking emoji along with the laughing face.

Jerk–9:56 AM

I'm on my way–9:57 AM

20 min–9:57 AM

Wait a minute. Aria typed quickly.

I didn't ask yet!–9:58 AM

No response.

She quickly rushed to the bathroom, in the hopes of making herself presentable for the day, and blasted through her morning routine.

Face? Washed.

Teeth? Brushed.

Hair? Bun.

She returned from the bathroom before she rummaged through her closet. Knowing the heat would be the killer of the day, she had to choose wisely.