chapter ten

Clara looked up at Bucky with relief. She felt like everything had been restored. Clara had her home back.

Bucky looked down at her with relief.. and love. When he was being held hostage by HYDRA, he realized he should've told her sooner. When he first saw her in that alleyway with Steve, he immediately felt a pull towards the small, feisty girl. When Clara moved in with him, he was able to explore those feelings. Bucky knew, he loved Clara Ridgewell.

"Clara I-" "Clara!" They both turned around and saw Howard standing by his tent with a smile.

"I need your help with this." Clara nodded and looked up at Bucky.

"Did you need to tell me something, James?" She asked. Bucky forced a smile to his face and shook his head.

"Go on, Doll. Whatever it is must be important." Clara nodded with smile, placed one last kiss on his cheek, and skipped off towards Howard. Bucky sighed as she followed him into his tent and forced himself to look away.

"Hey! Let's here it for Captain America!"

Howard and Clara sat in the lab working on some blueprints. Howard has just finished up an a experiment with one of HYDRA's toys. Clara decided to stop him when he blew up part of the lab.

"Can you pass me the wire cutter please?" Clara asked. She was taking a break from the blueprints and building some sculpture out of wire. Howard did as asked and passed the cutters. Without looking, Clara grabbed the cutters and cut a piece of extra wire. She smiled triumphantly as she held up her sculpture.

It was a star, with a little C right in the middle. Clara grinned at it and shoved it in her pocket.

The door flew open and Clara looked up to see Peggy smiling at her.

"Oh no. That's not a good smile, that's a "I'm going to make you do something you don't want to do" smile," Clara said nervously. Peggy walked over and grabbed her arm.

"I'm stealing her away, Howard. We're going dancing," Peggy announced. Clara shook her head as Peggy dragged her from the room.

"Oh no. No, no no. I can't dance!" Clara exclaimed. Peggy laughed loudly, a sound most enjoyed.

"That's a lie. You know exactly how to dance," Peggy told her as they walked into Peggy tent.

"I found the perfect dress for you," Peggy told the petite girl as she rummaged through one of her drawers.

"Peg, I don't know if this is such a good idea.." Clara trailed off.

"Why not? It's the perfect time to confess your undying love to Sergeant Barnes." Clara's mouth dropped as she tried to come up with a response.

"What? N-no. That's- I don't- you don't know what you're talking about," Clara stuttered out in the most awkward way possible. Peggy let out yet another laugh.

"Do you take me for an idiot, Agent Ridgewell?" She said jokingly. Peggy turned around with a dress Clara could never see herself wearing. It was a dark blue with the neckline longer than Clara had hoped. It flowed down to the floor elegantly.

"I think it's a bit much for a night out. We aren't going to a ball now Peggy," Clara chuckled nervously.

"Nonsense. Besides, if you don't wear it, I'll be quite sad," Peggy feigned a hurt expression. Clara smiled and shook her head.

"However could I hurt your feelings. I'm so sorry, ma'am," Clara said, taking the dress from Peggy's hands.

"Don't patronize me," Peggy scoffed. Clara laughed, leaving the area to change.

She came back out with an astonished expression.

"This doesn't look like anything from this century!" Clara exclaimed. Peggy chuckled softly.

"Yes well, I noticed how you didn't dress much like everyone else. So, I asked Howard and he pointed this out," Peggy explained. Clara looked up with a smile.

"Thank you, Peggy."

***

This is short because I have no inspiration. Also, when this and "Survivor" are done, I'm writing a new book based on Civil War/ HC/ Infinity War. Because I feel like a need some teenage representation.