Chapter 2

I put on new outfit, so I can look decent for my father. It contains a real sweater, a pair of black skinny jeans, and a pair of teal hightop converse. I put a matching teal harness and leash on Pepper. I put on some mascara and I walk out of the room with a suitcase and Pepper in hand. I took a deep breath and thought,
'I'm sure there's nothing to be scared.'
I walked to the living room where Katrina's daughter, Grace was watching T.V.. I sat next to her.
"Hi Grace." I greeted her.
"Hey." She said with her eyes glued to the T.V.. I looked at the T.V. and saw that she was watching The Fosters. I liked the show. It reminded me of my familia, we may argue and fight but at end of the day we are a family. I miss mama. I wish I got to say goodbye to her. I heard a knock on the door and then heard Katrina shuffling to the door. I heard faint conversation and then Katrina and a guy with dark hair that goes to his shoulders and tan skin. He was wearing a snapback, camo shorts, and a dark green shirt. He must be my father.
"Alea this is your father, Vic." She smiled. I got up to greet him.
"Hi Vic, apparently I am your Daugher." I said awkwardly.
"Yeah I guess so." He laughed. "Are you ready?"
"Yeah, just let me get Pepper and my bag." I grabbed baby blue vintage suitcase and got Pepper.
          *Time-Skip to the car ride*
Vic said that he doesn't live that far from Katrina. I have Pepper in my lap.
"Vic, can I change the music?" I asked.
"Sure, you want to use your phone?"
"Umm...yeah." He hands me an aux cord. I plug it into my phone and go into iTunes. I put on La Vida Rosa by Ánglea Torres.
'Que mal, no estamos en la onda
Que bien que nos besamos, en vez de tanto hablar
Ya se (hum), que estoy un poco loca
Y el que avisa no traiciona y quedate a cenar' I sang loudly in Spanish. I looked over at Vic and saw him smiling and that made me smile. I noticed that we were in a very nice a neighborhood. We pulled up in a driveway of a nice house. Vic turned off the car and got out. I did the same but I also got my bag and Pepper. 

"Come on in. Danielle! I'm home!" Soon a cute redhead came out of nowhere. 
"Hi! You must be Alea, I'm Danielle." I waved to her and smiled.
"Come on, I'll show your room." Vic broke the awkward silence.
"Okay." We walked upstairs and stopped at a plain white door. Vic opened the door. It was a simple bedroom with white walls, it had a full bed with Black and White bedding, a black nightstand, and a grey rug in the middle of the room. 

"It's not much right now but tomorrow we can go out to get you things for your room. You can also paint it whatever color you want." He told me.

"Thanks Vic for taking me in." I said with a genuine smile. I put down my suitcase and took Pepper out of her harness. I put my curly mane of hair in a bun. I got my curly hair from my mama and also apparently my dad. My mama was a beautiful woman.  
She was a Afro Latina. So I guess that also makes me a Afro Latina. my thoughts interrupted by Vic telling me that dinner was ready. I walked down stairs. I walked to the kitchen. I saw that it was burgers, Yuck.  'I don't want to be rude and say that i'm a vegetarian but I don't want to be even more rude and not eat dinner. But I gotta say it one way or another.'

"Umm...I'm a vegetarian." I said trying to sound not rude at all. Vic looked up at me and he nodded before saying,
"We have some food left here from Tony. Let me get it for you." He got up and went to the fridge. He pulled out a veggie burger that wasn't eaten. He put in the microwave or 30 seconds. Soon we were all at the table eating burgers. My phone went off, I read who it was, Mia. I denied the call and told her I was eating.
"So Alea, what's your cats name?" Danielle asked.
"Her name is Paprika but I call her Pepper. I know it's a weird name but I named her when I was 7. She's my therapy cat." I told her.
"Why do you need a therapy cat?" Vic asked.
" I have really bad anxiety. " I said as I put my head down feeling uncomfortable. I don't really like telling people about my problems. One the biggest thing I hated telling people is how mama and I lived in a bad part of San Diego and how we lived in a shity apartment building.
"When's your birthday?" Danielle asked me another question.
"It's May 16th and I'm turning 15."
"Ooooo, that's coming up soon." Danielle pointed out.
"Oh, the big 1 5! Do you want a  Quinceaneras?" Vic asked with a smile. I nodded fast. " Then I just make that happen for you. " I had a big smile on my face.
"Thanks you Vic! Mama wasn't going to throw me one because we didn't have enough money."
"Well now you don't have to worry about that. You can have anything you want." Vic told me. I finished eating and asked to excuse myself. I went back to my room and called Mia.
CALL
(Alea-In Bold, Mia-In italics)
Hey
Hey babe why'd you call me
I sorry but I'm breaking up with you
W-what why
Because I know you moved and I know that you are going to super deppressed about your mom
God I knew that you were an asshole. I fucking hate you Mia. I hate you i hate you i hate you stay out of my life okay?!
Fine bitch baii
《End Call》
She hung up on me. I had tears in my eyes. I didn't want to cry over an asshole named Mia Gomez, but I did anyway. She was my first relationship, my first kiss, my first every thing. I heard a knock on my door.
"It's open." I sniffled as I wiped my tears. I noticed it was Vic.
"What happened? I heard yelling." He stated.
"My girlfriend broke up with me and we had a fight." I told him as more tears came out of my eyes. I crawled up to where Vic was sitting on my bed and hugged him. He hugged me back. We stayed like that until I fell asleep.
~~~
Word Count: 1153