1 - Found

Y/N = Your Name

Jacks P.O.V.

As I was walking home, I took a shortcut through a small park. It was usual fall Brighton weather, so it was cold, but not unbearable if you have a coat. While looking at the scenery, I saw a shaking figure huddled under a blanket on a park bench. I thought it was just a homeless person, but I would feel terrible if something happened to them and I didn't ask if they were okay. As I got close to the bench, I noticed it was not just a normal homeless person, but it was a child.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

The child looked up at me. She had bloodshot blue eyes with bags under them.

"Oh, I'm fine Jack."

"How do you know who I am?" I asked her.

"I ran away from the orphanage, but before that, I watched your videos." She smiled at me and I smiled back.

She sat up more, and she looked very skinny and unhealthy.

"Have you eaten lately?" I asked her.

"Not for two days, but I'm fine, I can manage."

"Come with me," I said while picking her up. She didn't fight me at all and she just laid there, I could tell she was fighting sleep.

I carried her to my house and put her on my couch. She crossed her arms.

"I said I didn't need help." She said.

"Too bad," I said while getting her pizza. 

I handed her the plate, and the pizza was gone in about two seconds.

"Thank you, Jack."

"No problem, and call me Sean." 

"Okay Sean," She said smiling, "my name's (Y/N)." She said while extending her arm out towards me.

I shook her hand then went to get her a blanket and pillow. When I got back, she was asleep already, so I gently put the pillow under her head and put the blanket over her. I went to my room and texted Mark.

J = Jack, M = Mark.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J - I did something.

M - What is it this time?

J - I think I might end up adopting a child

M - ...

J - I found her at the park, she needs a home, so I'm gonna give her one.

M - I completely support you, but how are you going to take care of her and YouTube?

J - I'll make it work

M - Okay, keep me updated!

J - Will do! G'night Mark

M - Night Jack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I shut off my phone and quickly fell asleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I saw (Y/N) still sleeping on the couch. I made breakfast and soon I heard footsteps coming into the kitchen. 

"Smells good." She said as she walked through the doorway.

"Thanks," I said while putting some on a plate for her.

She ate her breakfast and just sat there in her chair looking around.

"Wanna watch TV?" I asked her.

She nodded her head and we walked to the living room. I handed her the remote and turned on the TV. She immediately went to YouTube. I walked into the kitchen to make some popcorn. I figured that since I already had some pre-recorded videos, we could spend the day getting to know each other.

While I was walking to the living room, I heard a familiar laugh come from the TV. I noticed it was Mark and she was watching his Google Feud video. I sat down next to her and put the popcorn in the middle of us. 

"Thank you."  She said while blushing.

"For what?" I asked.

"For letting me stay with you, it feels good to be wanted." She smiled.

I smiled back at her and we went back to watching the video. She laughed at things I didn't think a kid would laugh at or understand.

"How old are you?" I asked her.

"Oh," She said, "I'm 13." She answered.

I remembered how I was at that age and realized why she laughed at what she did. She had close to the same sense of humor as I did. We finished the video and I told her to get ready to leave the house. She went to get her shoes on and stubbed her toe on the coffee table. 

"Fuck!" she said fairly loudly. She quickly covered her mouth and I laughed.

"Your 13, you're mature enough to say stuff like that in my mind, I say shit like that all the time." We both laughed and left the house. 

We drove to the mall and I got her some new clothes. I got her some new converse, 10 new t-shirts, a couple of long sleeve shirts, some shorts, some jeans, and some other things.  She thanked me for everything, and we made one stop that I din't tell her about. We went to the courthouse and made it official that I adopted her. We got her last name changed and filed the paperwork. As we were walking out, she gave me a huge hug.

(A/N 849 words! Thanks for reading. Give me suggestions.)