Second chances

You were awoken by the movement of the mattress. "Good morning." You said whilst yawning.

"Shh go back to sleep." Benedict cooed, leaning over and kissing you on the forehead. You did as you were told and snuggled back under the duvets. You fell back asleep after Benedict left, saying he will be back at 7pm because he has to go to work.

Three hours later at 9, you were once again awoken. This time by banging on your door. Your breath got caught in your throat as you looked through the peephole. Tom. How the hell did he know where you were?

"What?" You hissed, opening the door enough to put your head through since you were still naked from the night before.

"Y/N please!" Tom begged. You could see that his eyes were red from both crying and not being able to sleep the whole night. "Just let me explain-i-i-i can't lose you!" You hesitated as you watched Tom beg. Even after everything he put you through, you still loved him. Loved him more than you thought possible.

"Hold on." You said, about to close the door when Tom's foot got in the way.

"Don't close the door. You might not open it again." You heard Tom say from behind the door.

"I'm naked Tom." You moaned from the other side. "So?" He asked. You rolled your eyes. Typical Tom.

"Just wait two seconds!" You scolded, leaving the door a fraction open so you could go and get your dressing gown on.

"Come in." You said after tying the knot. Tom slowly walked in the room. He looked just like he did when you left. His hair was curly like usual, but strands were straight after being pulled on so much. His light purple top had dark circles from tears and his whole face was pale.

You gestured to the bed and told him to sit down. He did as he was told, awkwardly playing with the buttons on his shirt. You went and laid down on the bed, making sure there was at least half a meter between you.

"So why are you here?" You asked coldy. Tom raised his head and looked at you sadly. He began to move closer to you but stopped as you backed away.

"I'm here to-to explain." Tom stuttered. You could tell he was struggling on how to explain this, not wanting to say the wrong thing. Again.

"Spring...she...me and her...We kissed once. It was when I was away for 6 months and near the 5 month line I got...lonely. We kissed, she wanted to do more but I wouldn't." His voice grew stronger as he saw anger leave your face and be replaced with sadness and understanding. "I love you too much to cheat. When we broke up I phoned Chris Evans who's best friends with her. He told her..she came round...then things just lead to another and she kept coming round."

You looked down in guilt. You don't know why but you now felt bad for being really angry at him. "The third time she came round was when you found us." 

You sighed and put your face in your hands. You were about to hug him and apologise for over reacting when a thought occurred to you.

"Then why did you say it?" Tom looked at you in surprise. "Because I'm an idiot." He said so quietly you almost didn't hear him.

"Y/N I managed to get out for an hour for lunch." You heard Benedict as he walked into the room. The door was still slightly ajar since when Tom came in.

You looked between the two men in shock and worry.

"Why are you here?" Tom's asked harshly, getting up from the bed.

"Well someone had to look after her! After what you did she was a state!" Last night after the phone call with Tom you explained everything to Benedict. Tom looked at Benedict in shock.

"I treat her like she's amazing! Which she is!" Benedict said, walking closer to Tom.

"You've known her for like two days!" Tom yelled. You quickly stood up and walked over to them both. You said Something, but it was drowned out by the noise of Benedict and Tom screaming at eachother.

"I've loved her for two years!"

"Well you don't treat her like it!"

"One mistake! I'm aloud one mistake!"

"Well Y/N deserves more than you! She deserves someone better."

"What, someone like you?!"

"YES!"

"You bastard!" Tom yelled. Tom stepped forward and pushed Benedict backwards. He was about to retaliate when they heard a massive bang behind them. They looked around the room and, not seeing you, both ran out into the corridor.

You were stood in the lift, tears streaming down your face. They ran after you but when they got into the lift you pushed them straight back out. You were not some prize.