fifteen

jimin wakes up with a jolt when he suddenly hears yelling coming from his kitchen. his whole body's tense until he realizes it's probably yoongi and namjoon. he sighs and rubs his eyes, sluggishly leaving his bedroom to see the commotion coming from the kitchen.

"-you're not supposed to do it like that! the stove's not supposed to be on yet!"

"maybe i want it to be on!"

"stop being a dumbass and help me find the eggs!"

"you're being the dumbass here if you can't find the eggs-"

"guys?" jimin tries interjecting, but his voice is too soft for the two to hear him and they continue yelling. jimin clears his throat before yelling, "guys!" loud enough for the two to stop yelling and look at him with big eyes.

"oh, morning," yoongi mumbles, and namjoon just looks down. jimin could see he was leaning on the kitchen counter.

"why are you guys yelling?" jimin asks, walking over to the two. there's pans out with some flour next to them.

"we were trying to make breakfast, but namjoon's being a dumbass-"

"am not," namjoon fights back weakly, as if he wasn't yelling just a few seconds ago.

yoongi shoots him a glare, "you've never made breakfast in your whole life. of course you're being a dumbass."

namjoon rolls his eyes, obviously biting back a comment. jimin wonders why he doesn't just snap back like usual.

"oh, by the way, your phone's been ringing all morning," yoongi says, looking through the refrigerator now. "ah! there's the eggs. how do you like your eggs jimin?"

"sunny side up, please," jimin answers before going to the living room where his phone is laying on the table. he widens his eyes when he sees over twenty calls and texts. "aish, hobi's too much," he says under his breath, calling the number back.

"jimin i thought you were dead!" is the first thing he hears through the phone.

"i just slept in for once, hyung. a lot of things happened last night so i went to sleep late. don't worry," jimin softly chuckles, taking a seat on the couch. hobi - or hoseok, but jimin loves calling him hobi - is a close friend of jimin's from high school. even though they live a little far from each other, hobi always makes sure to check in on jimin.

"what happened last night?" hoseok asks, and jimin can sense the worry in his voice.

"it's nothing you have to worry about-"

"whenever you say that that means something bad happened and that means i have to come over," hoseok says, and jimin can hear him moving from the other side. "i'll take the subway there right now."

"hobi wait-"

"i'll see you in a while, jiminie, byeee!" and before jimin could say anything else, hobi hangs up the phone call.

he groans and throws his phone at the side of him, trying to figure out what in the hell he's gonna do.

"everything okay?" yoongi asks, two plates of food in his hands. he sets down one of them in front of jimin on the coffee table.

"one of my old friends is coming over," jimin mumbles, sighing afterwards.

"oh, do you want us to leave?"

"no, it's okay. hobi needs new friends anyway."

"hobi? that's a weird name," jimin could hear namjoon mumble to himself.

"it's a nickname. his real name's hoseok," jimin finds himself saying, looking back at namjoon, who's leaning against the door frame that connects the living room and kitchen, a plate in his hand.

namjoon freezes for a second before nodding, going back to eating his scrambled eggs. jimin frowns as he notices the bruises and scratches around namjoon's face. he still looks great, even when beaten to a pulp. jimin huffs at his thoughts.

"we can go, jimin. we don't want to be a bother," yoongi says, and jimin shakes his head.

"it's okay, hyung. i don't mind you guys staying and i'm sure hobi won't mind either," jimin reassuringly smiles, and yoongi purses his lips before nodding.

"who the hell are they?" is the first thing that hoseok says when he walks into jimin's apartment, his eyes going comically wide as he notices jimin with two strangers.

jimin rolls his eyes as he walks up to hoseok, smiling brightly. "hi hyung," he timidly greets, shyly looking down.

hoseok smiles back, engulfing jimin in a big hug, and yoongi and namjoon's eyes bulge out of their head at the sight of jimin being hugged by someone.

"missed you," jimin mumbles into hoseok's chest, feeling warm and content with his hyung's arms around him.

"i missed you too, minnie," hoseok replies, relaxing his body around jimin.

"minnie?" namjoon says to himself, feeling jealousy in his stomach.

"yah, don't tell me you're getting jealous," yoongi whisper yells to namjoon, not wanting jimin and hoseok to hear.

"i'm not," namjoon mutters, but yoongi could see right through his act.

after a few more seconds of hugging, jimin pulls back from hoseok, sighing contently to himself.

"hobi, that's yoongi and that's namjoon. they're my.. friends. guys, this is hob - hoseok," jimin introduces, and the three just nod at each other as a weird greeting.

"so, yoongi, hm?" hoseok asks as he sits down next to the older. "that's a cute name."

"thanks," yoongi responds, unfazed by hoseok's flirting.

jimin chuckles to himself as he notices hoseok's efforts at flirting with yoongi continue to fail. he grabs his plate with two sunny side up eggs and takes it to the kitchen, putting it in the refrigerator.

"you didn't even eat a single bite," namjoon says behind him. jimin turns around to look at him.

"i don't eat breakfast," he simply responds, walking up to take namjoon's empty plate, putting it in the sink.

"why not?"

"i'm just never hungry in the morning. i'll eat them later, okay?"

"okay," is all namjoon says, surprising jimin just a little. he notices how namjoon hasn't been talking to him, and when he does, they're always small things. he hasn't made any snide remarks or even tried flirting with jimin. namjoon was very out of character and jimin was just a little curious as to why.

but, he has bigger problems on his plate, because when he renters the living room, he was definitely not expecting to see hoseok trying to kiss yoongi.

this chapter is hella messy lmao

vote and comment ((: