sixty-one

jimin loves taking his time when grocery shopping. he enjoys smelling the fruits and vegetables along with reading the back of sweet treats. it makes him feel content and happy being able to take his time while doing" such a simple task.

as he brings a melon to his nose and smells the sweet aroma, his phone starts ringing. he assumes it's namjoon calling to see where he is since it's been a few hours since he's left, but it's yoongi instead.

"hello?" jimin answers, putting the melon down.

"hey, where are you? you're not working right?" yoongi asks. jimin notices that the older man is talking faster than he usually does.

"i'm grocery shopping. it's my day off. why hyung?" jimin asks, pushing his cart and heading to the checkout line.

"don't get worried or anything, okay?"

"you telling me that is making me worry a bit," jimin nervously chuckles, "just tell me what's wrong."

"you know about namjoon's history with drugs, right?"

"i know that he smokes and i know that he used to sell, but he told me he's done with all of that," jimin answers. he starts putting his items on the conveyor belt, politely smiling at the cashier.

"he's done more than just smoke, jimin. he's done some hardcore shit, but he'll probably tell you that later. i'm assuming that last week when you two had that break he returned to old habits." yoongi sounds pained as he says this, as if he doesn't want to tell jimin at all.

"what do you mean?" jimin starts to pay for everything, struggling to do so as he listens to yoongi.

"i've known namjoon for years and knowing him he probably did some hardcore shit. going from doing it everyday to stopping all of a sudden takes a massive toll on your body. namjoon needs someone to take care of him right now." yoongi says with a sigh, "he's going through this thing called withdrawal. it's where-"

"sir, you still owe ten dollars," the cashier politely says, interrupting jimin's intense listening.

"ah, i'm sorry," jimin flushes, taking out the owed money and handing it to the cashier. "keep the change." he takes his groceries and quickly walks out of the store, almost running as he rushes to put the phone back to his ear.

"hyung, what were you saying?"

"namjoon's going through drug withdrawal which happens when he stops taking drugs all of a sudden. his body is used to the intake so when it doesn't have anything in it it starts to rebel against him. he's gonna be mentally and physically hurting, jimin. it's not going to be pretty at all. i know this is a lot at once but i can come over and help if you-"

"i can do it," jimin firmly says, remembering the time where namjoon took care of him after he was drugged. he wants to do the same for the older. "just tell me what i need to do and i'll do it."

"alright then. first things first."

"no matter how much he begs for it, don't give him anything. give him water and food. he might say or do things when you refuse to give him anything to satisfy him, but don't listen to him. he doesn't mean anything, okay? he doesn't mean it."

yoongi's voice echoes in jimin's head as the boy shakily unlocks his apartment door. he has to prepare himself before opening the door. namjoon will be okay as long as jimin keeps calm. if he panics, then namjoon will also panic.

when he opens the door, he's met with the smell of something burning. he immediately curses, dropping the groceries at his feet and rushing to the kitchen.

"what the hell are you doing?" he asks out of instinct, eyes wide as he watches namjoon about to stick his hand into the oven.

"i burnt the pie i tried making," namjoon says as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. he doesn't even have an oven mitt on his hand.

"oh my gosh," jimin groans, pulling namjoon away from the oven. he puts on an oven mitt and takes out the burnt pie. "why the hell did you decide to make a pie? aren't you on withdrawl?"

"tried to distract myself," namjoon weakly responds, "i heard baking is a good distraction."

"you've never baked in your life, joon. why did you think this was a good idea?" jimin sighs, running a hand through his hair. he notices scratch marks on namjoon's forearms, along with his bottom lip being bitten raw. "how about we do something else to distract you? you go watch a movie and i'll make you another pie, okay?"

namjoon nods, but before he walks away he decides to engulf jimin in a hug. jimin feels his body relax against the boy. the same mint scent surrounds jimin, and for a moment everything seems calm.

"i'm sorry i'm putting you through all this shit, jimin. i really am," namjoon mumbles, holding jimin close.

"it's okay, joonie. i'll take care of you until you feel better, okay?" jimin pulls back and looks into namjoon's eyes, "do you still feel anything? does your body hurt? any cravings?"

"fuck, everything hurts so bad, jimin. you have no idea how much i want something to make it feel better," namjoon groans, "i took out most of what i was feeling on yoongi earlier, but if i say or do anything wrong i'm really sorry in advance." he presses a kiss to jimin's forehead, leaving his lips for a few seconds.

"it's fine. yoongi told me not to give you anything. does that also mean i can't give you pain killers for the pain?" jimin asks, watching namjoon closely in case he lies. namjoon isn't in the right headspace now. he'd probably do anything for any kind of drug right now, right?

"i-i don't know. i could deal with it," namjoon answers, sounding pained as he does. jimin smiles and nods, kissing namjoon on the cheek.

"okay, go put a movie on or something while i remake your disaster of a pie," jimin teases, making namjoon scoff.

"whatever. i like banana cream, by the way," namjoon says, kissing jimin on the forehead one more time before walking out of the kitchen. jimin laughs as he watches the older boy walk away.

this doesn't seem so bad. jimin can handle this. why was yoongi so worried?

anddd i am back! hi everyone,, sorry for being gone so long. thank you for everyone who was patient with me. i had to take a break due to mental health issues, but i'm feeling better and i'm back to writing! i hope i didn't make you guys wait too long <3

vote and comment ((: