Socailization

Communication is essential in a functioning operation, whether if it is the workplace, family, or society.  However, people in the 2010 decade have become more private and reserved (excluding a few loud people).

I will give you an activity to test this theory: Go outside and list the names of the neighbors that surround or live adjacent to your house.  Calculate the percentage of the correctly listed names and see if you get a passing score. 

Well, I live on a corner so I have a disadvantage...so that is six households to remember.  I got four out of six so the justification proves I have a D in people skills.  The point I am trying to make is how resistant to socialization society has become.  An average American has a family, a job, and loads of stress.  The stereotypical schedule I see is: 

You wake up and check social media for an hour before eating breakfast which consists of a healthy organic sandwich from a widely diversified fast food chain.  You buy a pack of cigarettes (costs over a thousand a year) and a diet soda (that makes you feel bloated) before heading for your long drive to work.  Then you sit on your butt and type words int0 a computer (the bright screen strains your thoughts and vision in general) for eight hours before driving to the bar.  You drink your day earnings (liver damage) and speed home (higher risk of a car accident) and yell at your spouse (wastes oxygen) and complain about being poor (wastes more breathe).  Then you shut yourself in your room and play on your phone (melts your eyeballs) until it runs outs of battery.  The only reason you set it down is for it to charge (higher electric bill) and you fall asleep to a wish of a better life. 

How are you living like that?

I hope my educational theory is not an understatement but a hyperbole.  For my understanding, not all people live in that schedule but are there any aspects that were similar to your routine?  If so, what would it take to change yourself?  If not, then consider yourself a lucky minority. 

An exercise I would like for you try is to meet a person that you run into at a common occurrence.  It can be your neighbor, coworker, bartender...whoever you like.  Tell them your name and ask how their day is.  You might get a reply, this world is full of surprizes.

I do have a work history unlike most people my age and slightly older.  When I worked in a restaurant, the guest is a God until they leave.  They want their meal no matter how hungry they look.  Also, they can be nice or nasty as I was a meat shield that absorbed their stories and problems. 

Even if they had a good day or not, I learned to interact with them and it expanded my experience with living.  It showed me how lucky I was to have a job and a supporting family that would help me everytime I fell down (I am a bit of a clumsy person if you haven't noticed. I trip over everything, carpet, grass, my feet, the family cat, etc...).   

Remember, that talking to others may give you positive endorphins to your brain (according to my tenth grade chemistry class...don't worry...I managed to graduate from high school).  Your intelligence develops by experience; not pressing a phone screen.  Also, crying does not always solve your problems.  Trust me, I tried that and it does not work if you are living a real life (If I could get away with it, I'd still be doing it).