Innocence

It had been 10 days since Advay left for US, but the memory of their farewell was as fresh in Chandni's memory as though it happened few moments ago.

"Chandu...! Bol na Kya Hai?"

All it took was one look from him, and few words of endearment, and she was melting like a snowflake in Sun, blurting out all her feelings towards Dev... Chandni cursed herself, recalling her weak moment.

The moment she heard that he was going away for a 10 day trip, she felt so lost and desolate, it was almost like a physical pain and she just couldn't control herself that day.

Why can't her stupid heart get this sorted, once and for all, that HE is not her Dev anymore whom she loved all her life. He is Advay Singh Raizada, multi-millionaire or billionaire or whatever, who can turn lives of people upside down in days, using his power, influence and wealth.

He manipulated and tricked her into marrying him, decided to dump her even, but at the last moment changed his heart and came back with this alternate arrangement. She still wasn't sure what changed his mind though.

And the way she reacted to him that day... as if she was pining for him... Oh what a shame!!

He doesn't love her, he was only offering this "arrangement" of marriage while he sorted out the court case and temple trust, and he wanted to look after her and her family till then. She should be, in a way grateful for it, because considering their financial condition right now, this was the best possible outcome for them. But why should she accept help from someone who had made it very clear, that she meant nothing to him but an obligation!

And that's why she fought hard to refuse his offer of protection and financial support. But only she knew the whole story of the "arrangement" while everyone else was happily assuming that she was married to "her" Dev, and all problems have now been resolved. She was keen to get a job immediately, but Nani and ACP Siddharth had her convinced not to venture out, till Advay was back from his foreign trip.

But Chandni knew all her reasons to resist or refuse help from Advay stem from one single fact.

That he doesn't TRUST her; never trusted her all these 16 years.

Her Dev, whom she blindly trusted and loved, had stopped trusting her, and even thought she was responsible for causing harm to him and his mother

Her Dev, whom she blindly trusted and loved, had stopped trusting her, and even thought she was responsible for causing harm to him and his mother. That sliced her heart more deeply than anything else. Her Dev, who would fight with the whole neighbourhood, if anyone even tried to tease her or cause harm to her, now was the one who hurt her the most, and made her shed so many tears all these years and continued to do so even now.

Yet, she can't stop loving him. How pathetic can she be?? She swallowed the tears that were threatening to erupt from her eyes, and began to clean the kitchen surfaces all over again, to make sure they are perfectly clean. Doing chores like this kept her mind busy, and away from distressful thoughts of Advay and Dev.