Closure

In the skirmish when Veer tried to push Indrani back into the living room, her hand slipped down from the back of Kishen Chacha towards his thigh.

Even as Veer tried to pull him away from her grip, her hand pulled the trigger in that panic, and the bullet went straight into Kishen Chacha's thigh from behind, and he fell down with a loud groan.

As Chandni watched with horror filled eyes, Advay lunged himself at Indrani and pulled out the gun from her, just as ACP Siddharth and SI Raghuvir Singh came rushing into the living room behind him, guns in position.

Veer bent down and gently pulled Kishen Chacha into his lap, away from Indrani, as he cursed himself for his stupid mistake which caused the whole fiasco.

ACP Siddharth warned Indrani loudly to stop struggling and surrender, as both Advay and Chandni too now gathered around the injured Kishen Chacha. Indrani slowly got up with her eyes blazing in fury, but she had no choice as ACP Siddharth handcuffed her and led her away.

She threw one last glance at Advay and Chandni but neither of them were even looking at her, as all their worried looks were now focused on their beloved Kishen Chacha.

ACP Siddharth told the constables to take away Indrani along with Ranjit and his assistant while SI Raghuvir Singh used his radio to alert the HQ and called for an ambulance.

"Chacha... Chacha! The ambulance will be here soon. How are you feeling? Please open your eyes, and look at us." Advay pleaded as tears filled his eyes. Chandni who sat next to him so crying softly too. Advay gently pulled up Kishen Chacha's injured leg into his lap.

"Advay Bhayya I am so sorry. I should have checked if Indrani had gun before rushing in like that." Veer apologised as tears pricked his eyes.

"It's not your fault at all Veer, you did a brave thing." Advay consoled him before turning his attention back to Kishen Chacha.

"Chacha...Chacha..." It was Chandni's soft voice that brought Kishen Chacha out of his stupor finally, and he opened his eyes and looked blearily at Advay and Chandni.

Suddenly there was anxiety in his eyes, his face in a worry as he tried to ask them something....but Advay understood what he was trying to say.

"She is gone Chacha and so are those thugs. The Police have taken them away." Advay assured him and Kishen Chacha slumped back into Veer's lap.

"Har Har Mahadev. Dont worry about me Dev. I deserve this pain and suffering for all the sins I have done in not protecting my Guruji and Janaki Bhabhi. " Kishen Chacha closed his regret filled eyes.

"Chacha don't you ever feel like that. It's because of you that I have got my parents, at least their ashes. If it wasn't for you, and Sadanandji, we would have never got that temple jewellery in the first place. And because of you, the respect and love everyone had for them will be restored soon"

ACP Siddharth sat down on the floor along with them and reassured the elderly priest in his own sombre voice.

"Yes Sir, please don't think that way. In the coming days, your evidence will be crucial for us to lodge case against Indrani and Gangaram, and yes I will make sure that they go to jail, and all this will be happening thanks to you and your friend's efforts."

Kishen Chacha smile ruefully and closed his eyes.

Chandni suggested to Advay to use Kishen Chacha's cotton shawl to wrap around the bullet wound to stem the blood flow and as Advay proceeded to do so, she got up slowly to check the farmhouse for any signs of drinking water. Luckily she found some mineral water bottles in the kitchen on the other side of the living room. She washed a cup and filled it with water. Slowly, in little measures, they helped Kishen Chacha to drink some water.