What a real monster is

Zayn POV

I was feeling ashamed and used. I never thought the day would come that I would have to tell Louis everything. He was my best friend. He was the only person that sticked by my side no matter what and now I was feeling like things would be different between us. I don't want him to act like I'm a fragile thing that needs to be saved because I am not.

- You stay by my side all weekend alright? I don't want you to be alone with that bastard at anytime you hear me?

- I know, I know.

I was regretting telling him everything, but it's not like I had the possibility to do otherwise. He was rambling about how I need to stay away from the guy when I saw Harry walking toward us.

- Shhh... Harry is coming.

He immediately stopped talking about it.

- Why Niall isn't with him?

- For someone who doesn't have a crush on the guy, you are terribly interested to know where he is...

He gave me a look that meant "Shut up, you don't know what you are talking about", but I knew Louis like the back of my hand and I know I'm right.

- Mind your own business Zayn, because I could say the same about you and Harry.

I rolled my eyes to him as Harry made his way to where we were siting with his backpack full of things for the trip. He was so excited about it, it was adorable. As he sat beside us I saw a bandage covering a part of his right arm that wasn't there the day before.

- You hurt yourself?

- Yeah, I'm so clumsy you know.

He responded blushing. I dropped the subject, Harry does look like the clumsy type after all.

- Ready for the trip?

- Yeah sure! I'm very excited. Are you sure that it won't be a problem?

- Students volunteer all the time to help during those events, it's fine really.

He smiled brightly, dimples showing and all. God this boy was handsome, and he didn't even know it. I was lost in Harry's eyes when Louis poked me in the ribs, pointing something with his chin. I looked into that direction only to see Gigi, one of the cheerleader walking towards us with a way too happy grin on her face.

- Shit not her... I mumbled but smiled anyway. Harry gave me a curious look.

- Zaaayynnn! How are you babe?

Gigi have these weird thoughts that we a meant to be. She is trying to go out with me since we are twelve and she is .... Let's call a cat a cat, annoying.

- I'm not your "babe" Gigi, already told you ten thousand times.

- Oh, don't be so grumpy Zayn, you know you like me.

I rolled my eyes totally exhausted by her shit and looked at Harry from the corner of my eye. The beautiful smile he had earlier was fading slowly as he looked at Gigi. I knew he was jealous, it was obvious, and I couldn't help but be flattered by his jealousy.

- Anyway, what do you want Gigi?

- Since we are both going to this trip, I was wondering if you want to sit with me in the bus.