Prologue.

"Hush Kiku, hush my little one..." Says his mother, Sayu Honda, a very gentle, kind, and quiet person. That's where kiku takes after, his mother. While his father Lord Honda, a very stern, commanding, but yet kind person. Kiku Honda, being the only son on these two, tries his best to plese his parents every day by being the best in anything he can get his hands on. Karate, cooking, studying, fencing, soccer, you name it and he did it. But with his frail, tiny, delicate body, there is only so much he could do.

Even with his heart issues, he did his best to be the son his father deserved. But with a failing heart, kiku sooned was banned from doing anything sport related, anything that made his heart raced up.

But it wasn't so bad. Banned from many things, by the age he could start school, he studyed to be at the top of his class all the time, knowing that would make his father and mother proud. And it did. And at age 6 as he is now, he's still at the top. But it didn't gain kiku many friends, actually, he didn't have any. But he was happy. He had his mother and father after all.

"Hush my little one, hush..."

"Mama...i'm scared, please don't leave me." Although during the day kiku acted older for his age, when the sun went down and there's no light, little kiku is scared. The darkness his fear.

"It's all well my son, it's all well."

Feeling reassured, little kiku falls asleep in his mothers arms, not knowing what awaits him tommorrow.

"Ohayogozaimasu my darling, it's time to get up."

The sound of his mothers voice, waking kiku up.

Sleepily, kiku replys, "Hai Okaa-san."

As soon as kiku sits up and opens his eyes, remembering what today is.

"Tanjobiomedeto my boy!"

Smiling, kiku jumps up into his mothers arms. Yes, today way February 11th, kiku's birthday. His parents promised to take him to Greece to see the ruins there. Greeks history always fascinated him along with the ruins.

Sliding out of his mothers grip, he runs to his closet, dressing in his school's uniform for the day, ready to get school started and over with so he could spend this day with his mother and father.

Grabbing his bag, he runs down the hall and straight for his fathers office, stopping just short of the door and knocking on the door quietly. Hearing no reply, kiku peeks his head inside the door, seeing his father talking urgently on the phone.

Seeing that he's busy, kiku just runs down to the kitchen, seeing that his mother had prepared his favorite breakfeast, Miso Soup, Tamagoyaki, Broiled Fish, Tsukemono, Nori and Natto. Or i guess you could say, just an ordinary typical japanese breakfeast.

Placing his bag on the ground, kiku sits down. Clapping his hands together, he says "Itadakimasu" and begins eating.

As soon as kiku's half way done eating, Lord Honda enters the kitchen, sitting gruffly down across from kiku, the same breakfeat displayed before him.

"Otousan, Okaasan." Kiku says quietly.

"hmm." He replys.

Wondering if he forgot what today was, kiku's mouth opens up, about to ask him when his father beats him to it.

"Son...about today..."

Kiku looks at him, happiness and hope shinesing in his eyes.