Chapter 1: Today Is The Day

I wake up in the orphanage. Today is the day I get away from the orphanage and I get to meet my parents. I have pre-packed my sketchbook, my colored pencils, my guitar, my keyboard (it's just small enough to fit in my large suitcase) my swimming suit, my iPhone, my toothbrush, my hair brush, all my clothes, and some food (including Lucky Charms, goldfish, and Pringles).

I get up, put on my clothes, brush my teeth, and brush my hair, and I'm ready to go. I put my iPhone in my back pocket and walk out the door.

I looked my parents up, and found they were two states over in a small town. I saved up my money for a plane ride there. I get on the plane, and sit in an uncomfortable chair for two hours. However, I didn't care that the kid behind me was kicking my seat. I was too excited.

I got out of the plane, got a taxi, and drove to the address. The taxi driver was nice, but he kinda came onto me. I told him to go to heck. My parents house turned out to be mansion. It had a fountain in the front and a backyard that was almost endless. I knocked on the door with high hopes. "Hello. This is the (l/n) residence. How may I help you?" A man in a tux asked.

"Hi. I'm (f/n) (l/n). I-" he shut the door. I heard muffled shouts and a glass drop inside. The door opens to reveal a beautiful woman. "Hi. I'm your Mom," she says monotonously.

"It's so nice to meet you! Can I come in?"

"You see that's the thing. We don't want you here. You were an accident. We don't tolerate accidents. You know, there was a reason you were at the orphanage. Go away!" She slams the door.

My heart has shattered into trillions of pieces. I hoped they would have changed their mind. Taken me in. I was wrong. Tears are streaming down my face. I can't believe what just happened. I slowly walk out onto the sidewalk, leaving behind me all that I've waited for. All that time in hoping they would want me is wasted.

I hear a growl a few feet away from me. I look around. I see a beautiful dog. Well, it's not the cleanest, but it's a large husky with bright blue eyes. My dream dog. I walk closer to him (don't ask, I can just tell it's a boy), but he bears his teeth. The dog looks to be a stray. Who would give up such a nice pet? I open my bag and search for some food and a plate. I grab my goldfish, pour out a few pieces onto the paper plate, and leave it out for the dog. I slowly walk away from the plate as he slowly draws nearer.

As he starts to eat, I walk closer and closer. I know he knows where I am because his eats perk up every time I take a step. I slowly approach him. I gently put my hand behind his ear and scratch. He doesn't seem to mind. He finishes eating a looks at me. I continue rubbing him down his back, and starts to slowly roll over. "Aren't you just a big teddy bear?" I ask.

"Were are you're owners, buddy?" I ask. He ignores the questions, just like most dogs would. "Yah," I scoff, "Mine hate me too."

I want to cry, but I know they aren't worth my tears. I try to take my mind off of my parents. "What should I name you?" I ask. "Buddy?"

He growls. "Sheriff?" He growls again. "Scruffy?" Growl. "Grouchy?" Growl. "Trouble?" He barks. I like it. "Alright then, Trouble. Let's run away."