1.

Style - Taylor Swift

The car drove up to where I was standing on the sidewalk, I thought it was my Lyft. I pulled the door open and glanced the driver over as I got in the front passenger seat. The yellow light of the car lit his face up. Why didn't I pick up on his nervousness, on how he didn't look me in my eyes, always kept his face turned toward the road? But of course I didn't notice because I was a mess myself, wiping tears out of my eyes, trying to act like I didn't just get dumped. I only saw the profile of his face. Curly brown hair tucked behind his ear. He looked handsome. Maybe it crossed my mind that he'd be a good rebound. But that was a stupid idea, I knew better than to hook up with a Lyft driver.

I pulled the door shut, and the lights went out. The blue lights from the dash kept his face lit up. As I pulled the seat belt over my shoulder he started to drive. I glanced at the phone I clutched tightly in my hand, the screen showing the map, and the little dot about where we were. But my location and the little dot weren't in the same place. My ride was still on its way to me.

Mom always said to follow your gut. She would have been so disappointed in me for not making him stop the car and getting out as soon as my gut tightened. I could smell the nauseas feeling. But the car was driving, he was navigating the city, and he never asked for a destination. I watched him, waiting for him to say something, ask where I wanted to go, or maybe for him to realize first that I wasn't the right passenger and it was all just a silly misunderstanding.

"I think I got in the wrong Lyft," I said. He didn't say anything, so I added, "My driver's name was Sarah, I'm sorry for the mix up. I'm sure whoever you're supposed to drive is still waiting back there, they might have still been inside the bar or something?"

He remained quiet as he took a turn, then finally he spoke in a calm and firm voice, "We all work for the same company, it'll be faster this way. I'll just text Sarah that I picked you up, and she can pick up whoever I was supposed to pick up." He grabbed his phone from the stand on the dash and started texting.

"I don't...I don't think that's how it works..." I said.

"Yeah, don't worry, you can see all the other drivers over the app, it's so we don't fight over passengers," he said reassuringly. "There's a group chat too so we can make fun of passengers behind their backs... don't tell anyone though, it's a secret, top secret, I shouldn't have told you about it, I might get in trouble now." He smiled.

Why did I laugh? It wasn't that funny, but it was a nervous laugh. Cut the tension. Everything is fine. I still had my phone. I swiped through my windows until I found the texting app. I paused staring at the name on top. It opened up to the last person I had been texting. Zayn and all the miscommunication we had in the last week. 

NOTE—

Okay, so I guess my story title is a little unoriginal, literally being titled after a song and all, Sweet Creature, and it doesn't exactly say much about anything that happens, so I've been playing around with a couple working titles that say a little more about the plot 'cause I know I don't exactly click on stories either unless I know that I'll like what's inside, so here are a few options I'm mulling over if you have an opinion.

"He kidnapped me, but he was kind of nice about it." A little sloppy, I know, could be worded tighter.

"Don't catch feelings for your kidnapper." Kind of obvious.

"strip teasing the stalker" I actually kind of like this one, but maybe it suits a different story better since he's past the stalking phase and already abducted her. (but if for whatever reason you just so happen to have a story with this very title, please DM me, I want to read it.)

"Dancing to his twisted song." Generic.

"Dumped by a singer just to be abducted by his old bandmate?!" I like this one better but what if...

"Abducted by my exboyfriends old bandmate?!" It has that ring to it, but it's so cheesy...

Or or or "I got in his car and he drove me crazy"

"It started with a kidnapping"

Anyways, maybe I'll think of more, but do you guys have any suggestions? I know, you're probably not even reading this yet because it still has such a boring title that you haven't clicked on it, but....