II.

×

Less than twenty minutes was how long Yoongi spent talking in a room with his father. It was how long you waited in the dim-lit hallway for him. You were surprised when he stormed through the door, took you by the hand and led both of you through of the hallway, the crowd, and out the building. His name had been called out a couple times by Lin, but Yoongi didn't seem to care. He sped up pace, instead. Almost causing you to trip over your fancy, made-by-the-devil heels as you ascended the stairs again.

"Yoongi," You called once you reached the middle of the stairway. "Slow. Down!"

The boy came to a sudden stop, causing you to nearly run into his back. Groaning under your breath, you steadied yourself upright again. "What on earth is wrong with you?"

Breathing hard, the blonde looked over at you and dropped your hand like it was lethal. "Nothing," He said with a scowl, angry eyes directed at the building. "I just need to leave this fucking place."

Before you could bring up another question, his back turned to you and he was already making his way down the steps, towards his car. Rolling your eyes, you slipped off your shoes for the second time of the night and headed after him, hoping he wouldn't leave you here if you didn't get to the car even a minute late. Yoongi was already sitting behind the wheel when you made it to the vehicle a few seconds later.

His face held an expression that landed right between anger, frustration, and exhaustion. You didn't know what happened in the conversation he had with his father but whatever it was it didn't seem any good.

Making your way around, you quickly got in the passenger seat, placed your shoes beside your naked feet, and strapped the seat belt around you. All in tense silence. The engine rumbled to a start, and before you knew it, the building was soon far out of sight.

Looking over at Yoongi, you crossed your arms under your chest, feeling cold despite still having Yoongi's jacket on. "Mind explaining what just happened?" You asked, more cautiously this time.

He didn't so much as look at you when he spoke, "Dad pissed me off," He shrugged. "It's nothing. I'm fine, now that I'm out of that shit-hole."

"You sure?" you raised a brow, not believing a word he said. "You don't look fine."

He really didn't. His stoic expressions may have fooled you before, but not now. Now you knew him enough at least to see through his usual way of hiding what he felt. His hands were clutched tightly around the wheel and his shoulders were tense in thought. There was an angry crease between his brows and his jaw was clenched shut.

"Yoongi...what happened?" You dared to ask him again in a quiet voice. "I'm worried."

"Don't be," He said through gritted teeth. Then let out a slow and controlled breath. He was holding something back. "And nothing happened. Can you stop asking questions that I won't answer!?"

You blinked. You kept blinking till the sting of his words faded. Then you nodded once. "Okay," You leaned back into your seat, turning yourself from him completely. "I won't."

It was clear that he wanted nothing more than silence and space right now. So you were gonna give it to him. That's why during the rest of the twenty-three-minute ride to your place there was nothing but dull and tense silence. You speant the time counting seconds of each passing minute in your head.
Once his car came to a stop outside the apartment building you lived in, Yoongi let out a long sigh. You started to gather your things when his voice brought you to a halt.

"Let's forget about the kiss tonight," He said. It came out so casually out of his mouth like he was thinking about saying those words the second your lips touched his.