Chapter 3

It had been five days since I left. I ran out of food two days ago. My stomach growled as my legs continued to move towards Magnolia. I had been able to bathe and change my clothes twice in a couple of streams I found, so I wasn't completely dirty.

My salmon hair was pulled back in a messy bun on the top of my head, my scarf holding it up. My tank top now replaced with a white crop top and gold-lined black vest.

Sweat covered my body, clothes clinging to my damp skin. I tried to keep my breathing steady as I trudged through the rough terrain of the forest. Trees like a curtain, blocking out the majority of the sunlight. My legs burned with overexertion from the constant travel.

Plants brushed my ankles through my sandals. The overgrown brush making it even harder to move. I couldn't believe I was so far away from home, my mom was kidnapped, and I may never see her again. I shook my head. No, I will save her, whether she wants it or not.

My eyes focused on new found determination. Adrenaline started to pump through my veins as I picked up my pace. Now running through the woods, I saw buildings! I ran faster. My legs flowing with even more adrenaline.

I reached the edge of town. Falling on my knees, relieved laughs escaped my lips. Quickly calming down, I refocused on my goal. I got back up and started to make my way into the beautiful city. The shimmering river running through the town reminded me of the harbor at home. People gave me strange looks. I just shrugged it off.

The smells of the cafes and restaurants filled my senses. Spices of every kind made my mouth water. I admired the homey buildings and a castle-like building entered my view. 'Fairy Tail' I thought. Trying to run there only made me trip a fall to the ground. Groaning in pain, I got back up and trudged towards the building.

Black dots danced around my vision. "No, not now. I'm almost there." I mumbled to myself, trying to shake the dizziness out of my head. The guild hall kept getting closer and closer. My conscious started to slip. "no, No, NO" I scolded myself. Finally, I got to the castle-like hall. I felt myself nearly faint out of exhaustion.

I pushed open the doors and with the last of my strength choked out, "Need...help" then it all went dark.

Mirajanes POV

I was working my normal shift at the bar. My daughter Macey was talking to Levy and Gajeel's son Gale. I smiled at her thoughtfully.

Most of my ships had come together over the years. Levy and Gajeel had two kids together, Emma and Gale. Emma is basically a girl Gajeel with blue hair. Gale was mostly silent and liked to read. Erza and Jellal had three kids also, Kai, Ezra, and Rosemary. Rosemary is basically an Erza mini-me. Kai is pretty quiet but nearly always ends up getting dragged into fights. Ezra is like an upbeat and happy version of Jellal. Juvia and Gray had three kids; Storm, Sylvia, and Rin. Storm and Sylvia are twins. Storm is exactly like his dad, in good ways and bad. Sylvia keeps him in line and looks exactly like her mother. Rin is really sweet and kind, laughing at everything. Laxus and I have two kids; Macey and Raiden. Macey is kind of like me when I was young. Raiden is a happy go lucky kid who never backs down from a challenge.

Anyways, I was serving Romeo when the guild doors burst open. A young girl, probably around sixteen, was leaning against the doors wheezing. The girl had pink hair and looked utterly exhausted. "Need...Help" she choked, then fell to the ground. Everyone was shocked. Snapping out of the immediate shock, I ran to the girl. She looked well muscled but malnourished. Her body was very hot and her breathing was erratic.

"Wendy! We need some help over here!" I call, picking up the girl. I thought I had seen her face before. She had a familiar build and facial structure. But thinking back, I couldn't have. Where would I have met her?