San Diego

It had been a really rough year for Kailin and her two young children, their world had been thrown into chaos after the sudden loss of her husband almost a year ago. Her son Oscar was only three at the time, and he didn't really understand why Daddy left for work one day and never returned home. Her daughter Maddison was only a month old and it pained her to think she would never remember her father. The grieving process was long, and she wasn't sure she would ever truly stop grieving. But with each passing day, the pain dulled a little. It was always there, and she was sure it would be for the rest of her life.

If their loss had taught her one thing it was that life was too short not to do the things you want to do. That's why Kai had booked a holiday for her and the kids. They were heading to San Diego to visit her best friend Lacey and attend Comic-Con. It was something her and A.J had planned to do together, only they never got around to it.

It had been a long flight from North Carolina and both Kai and the kids were exhausted. Lacey picked them up from the airport, and took them back to her place where they were crashing for a few nights.

The next morning was filled with excitement as they got ready to go to Comic-Con. Four year old Oscar was obsessed with superhero's, a passion he got from his mother, and he couldn't wait to go see them all.

"So Oscar, who are you excited to see the most?" Lacey asked as she helped him put on his shoes.

"Captain Amerwica!" Oscar shouted excitedly.

"Of course" Lacey grinned. "What about you Kai? I think I know who you want to see the most" she grinned. "He's only been your celebrity crush for the past ten plus years" she teased.

"I can't wait to see any of them! I'm so excited. But so nervous too... I feel like I wanna be sick" she laughed. "But seriously... If I get to meet Jeffrey Dean Morgan today, I might just pass out".

***---***---***---***

After exploring the venue and taking Oscar to meet some of the cast of Avengers who were super friendly and signed a bunch of stuff and took photos with him which absolutely made his year, they headed towards where the cast of The Walking Dead were. As they lined up Kailin got a glimpse of JDM and Norman up the front and suddenly became even more nervous.

"Lacey, I don't know if I can do this" she laughed, half joking, half serious.

"What are we doing here Mumma?" Oscar asked as he held tightly to Laceys hand.

"Your Mumma is gonna go meet Jeffrey. He plays Negan in her favourite show. Your Mumma loves him" she said teasingly.

"Negan?" he asked.

"Yeah Sweetie, Mumma is gonna meet Negan and then we can get going ok. It's been a busy day and you are your little sister are getting tired".

"Okay Mumma" Oscar grinned happily.

Finally it was their turn to go up, and Kai walked nervously up to the table with one year old Maddison in one arm and Oscar holding her other hand.

"Hi There" Jeffrey said with that jaw dropping smile, and Kailin almost passed out on the spot. Her mouth couldn't catch up with her brain and she was at a loss for words she was so starstruck.

"Hi" she said nervously when Lacey gave her a nudge.

"Hi Mr Negan" Oscar greeted happily.

"Well hey there little buddy. What's your name?" Jeffrey asked peering over the table at the little boy.

"Oscar" he grinned.

"That's a cool name Oscar. And who's with you?" he asked.

"My baby sister Maddie, my Aunt Lacey, and My Mumma" he said as he cuddled into Kai's leg.