House Guest

The day had finally come. It was Saturday and Jeffrey's flight was landing mid afternoon. Connie had taken the kids out to the park and Kai spent the morning getting the laundry done and  making sure the house was tidy. Well as tidy as it could be with two toddlers. She had the guest bedroom all set up for him and she felt both excited and nervous that he was going to be staying in their house. Even though she felt a little rusty when it came to starting a new relationship and she wanted to take things slow, she wondered how she was going to resist him when he was staying under the same roof. It was hard not to want to kiss him when he smiled at her in that charming way.

When Connie returned with the kids, Kai made them some lunch and put Maddie down for a nap while Oscar played quietly with his train set as he chatted away to his Grandma.

"So today is the big day huh" Connie said with a grin as Kai wandered in to the living room.

"Sure is... I'm freaking out!" Kailin laughed.

"You'll be fine sweetie" Connie chuckled. "Remember, if you want to go out I am more than happy to watch the kids. Or they can even have a sleep over at Grandma's if you want a little... alone time" Connie grinned giving Kai a cheeky wink.

"Connie! I'm not even thinking about that yet!" Kai scolded with a giggle.

"How could you not be? That man is all sorts of handsome!"

"Oh trust me I know but..."

"But what Kailin? You're a widow... not a Nun!" Connie chuckled making Kai burst out with laughter.

"You'll be my first call if I want some 'alone time' with him" Kai giggled.

"Alright honey. I'll leave you to it".

"Thanks for taking the kids to the park this morning"

"My pleasure. We had fun didn't we Oscar?" Connie smiled as she ruffled up her grandsons hair.

"Yup" he grinned in response.

"Grandma will see you again soon sweetie" she said as she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye Gramma!" Oscar called out with an enthusiastic wave as Connie left.

Kai and Oscar continued playing with his train set while Maddie had her nap. "Oscar baby" Kai spoke up.

"Yeah Mumma"

"You remember how Mumma said we were having a visitor come to stay today?"

"Ahuh. Who is it Mumma?"

"Do you remember your new friend Jeff that you met at Comic-Con?"

"Mmhmm... Jeff is Mr Negan in Mumma's show?"

"That's right baby. Well Jeff is coming to see us and stay for a little bit" Kai said, waiting for his reply to gauge his response.

"Cool! I like Jeff. He's nice" Oscar smiled.

"I'm glad you like him sweetie. Mumma thinks he's pretty cool too".

"Can Jeff play trains with us?"

"I'm sure he'd love to play trains. You can ask him later okay".

"Okay Mumma" Oscar smiled.

---***---***---***---***---***---***

Kai received a message from Jeffrey telling her his flight had landed and he was on his way. Suddenly she felt even more nervous than before.

Maddie was up from her nap and running around the house in her nappy giggling in her cheeky way and refusing to get dressed. Kai was happily chasing the little toddler around, tickling her each time she ran by. Then the doorbell rang and she abandoned the chase, straightening herself up before heading to answer it.