Chapter 8 - Lady Liliana of the Monticelli Line

The Monticelli line is the Royal Family of Asdor.

They are notoriously known for their tendency to be stubborn, racist people. With pasty skin.

But Nat cannot let this new fact become a distraction. Her task is to return back to Hills, return back to her life.

"Not my problem," She scorns the woman instead, turning back to continue walking away.

A hand grabs her shoulder and roughly pulls her back, dragging her tired feet through the dirt.

Nat sharply spins to glare at the woman.

The woman who stares back in desperation and misery.

Those wide eyes, frightened of the unknown ahead. Why do they keep reminding her of someone from her lost memories?

"Fine," Nat sighs in frustration. She bends her knees to mock a curtsey, "I greet you, Lady Liliana of the Monticelli line."

Lady Liliana starts to wring her hands together, "I'm 5th in line for the Asdorian throne."

"I'm not going to help you because you're royal," Nat glares once more at the woman before heading over to Fortison.

"I can pay you to help me." Lady Liliana scampers after, much to Nat's disappointment.

Nat pulls a stray twig out of Fortison's shoulder scales, "I don't care about your dirty Asdor money," she grumbles, willing the woman to leave her alone.

Maybe find a hidden valley to frolick in. Sing with the jays and parrots, pet a deer or two. Anything far away from Nat right now.

Yet Lady Liliana continues to press, "Help me and I promise you won't have to pay for anything for the rest of your life."

Nat ignores her.

"I am the granddaughter of King Anton the 3rd, I have money of plenty."

"There's very little money in an Asdorian prison," Nat slides the blade along Fortison's scales as she mutters, scrapping off clumps of dirt.

"This is the Asdorian Royal Line we are talking about," Lady Liliana protests with a sharp, annoyed tone, "Not a prison."

"I'm not thick!" Nat snaps, finally having enough, pointing the tip of her dagger in Lady Liliana's direction with a nasty snarl upon her cracked lips, "5th in line, yet you're sent out to the field for slaughter." she spits, "Even if I wanted your money, you have none!"

The woman's jaw falls open at Nat's harsh words, appearing quite shocked at how Nat wasn't falling for her schemes. She quickly snaps her jaw shut.

Nat returns to cleaning Fortison's scales, unable to stand the woman's eyes, "Make yourself useful and clean Tiana, head to tail.

As Lady Liliana leaves, Nat's mind wanders back to her own thoughts.

Why would the Asdorian people send out a member of their royal family? Especially when it's a woman who can barely swing a sword.

Fortisan pushes harder into Nat's hands and she returns back to picking at the clumps of dirt and stones.

"I don't think a royal family willing enough to send out a dragon in infancy would care about one of their own blood," Nat mutters out, reasoning with her thoughts, "They probably saw her as the weak link in the royal line.

Lady Liliana of the Monticelli line was either a very good liar or the Asdor Kingdom and its rules were starting to corrupt on themselves.

"You take care of her," Nat lightly shoves Fortison's snout away from her face, directing him over to the large willow tree.