Prom?

Annabeth's POV

"I don't know how women do this everyday." I mumble, watching Piper and Sally rummaging through a bag full of make up, courtesy of Piper's siblings.

"It's the prom, you'll survive." Piper says, rolling her eyes at me. I know she's right but I don't tell her that. Secretly, I'm excited to go to prom with Percy. But this who getting ready ordeal has me rethinking it. They steer me towards the bathroom and get started. 

Time skip

An hour later, I'm staring at myself in the mirror. I hate to admit it, but Piper knows what she's doing. She may not be a girly girl, but clearly she picked up some skills in the Aphrodite cabin. She managed to make it look like I'm not wearing any make up at all. Just tiny hints of everything to make my features pop without it being over the top. 

"Huh, a speechless Annabeth. Never thought I'd see the day." Piper teases. I smile but I punch her in the arm to let her know I'm still me. 

"Oh, Annabeth, you look beautiful!" Sally gushes. 

"I have to admit, It's not terrible. Let me see what dress your mother picked out for me." I say to Piper. She pulls me into Percy's room and brings out a dress bag. 

"Ok, so I know you aren't a dress person and neither am I but I've seen it and it is PERFECT for you." Piper says, unzipping the bag. 

Inside is a pale grey floor length dress, with spagetti straps. Piper leaves the room so I can get dressed. I pull it on, not surprised it fits perfectly. The dress flows, yet it still hugs my body. Silently thanking Aphrodite for keeping it simple, I finish getting ready. I find matching heels in the bag as well. I'm anxious to see Percy, if I'd had it my way we would have gotten ready together. But Piper insisted he leave, so he's over at a friends house. We are meeting at his school. Sally comes in to do my hair. With it already being curly, she styles it in a simple up-do, leaving a few strands to cradle my face. 

"All set! Percy is going to love it." Sally announces. I stand and nearly fall over.  

"Holy Hades, how am I supposed to walk in these, let alone dance?" I groan. Sally chuckles, steadying me. 

Time skip

We pull up to Goode high, Piper riding in the back seat and Sally driving. I've never been inside Percy's school. I get out of the car, careful not to step on my dress. I still can't walk in these heels but I'll be damned if I'm going to fall on my ass in front of a bunch of mortals so I concentrate on just standing up straight. I don't see Percy outside. 

"Have fun! No killing monsters and ruining that dress, OK?" Sally calls. I wave and they drive off. Turning back towards the school, I make my way up the front steps. I can feel the eyes of the students on me but I ignore them. Searching through the crowd of seniors for my seaweed brain, I finally spot him standing alone by the gym and my heart stops. 

He looks incredible in a tight black suit and a gray tie to match my dress. No doubt also Aphrodite's doing. He turns and catches my eye. A slow smile spreads across his face as he looks me up and down. I make my way over there and right as I reach him, my wretched heel snags the hem of my dress and I stumble right into him. He catches me and wraps his arms around my waist. I sigh, relaxing for the first time all evening as I inhale his sea scent. 

"Looking good there, wise girl." Percy whispers in my ear. I lean back and give him a small smile, and he kisses my cheek sweetly. I take his hand and we walk into the gym together. The theme is starry night and I can see silver stars everywhere. Percy and I fit right into the theme with my dress and his tie. Soft but upbeat music is playing and I can see that a lot of the girls eyes follow Percy around the room. I'm not one of those insecure or jealous girlfriends but I still grip Percy's hand a little tighter. He looks over at me and let's go of my hand. Confused, I start to ask him what's wrong but then he interrupts me by holding out his hand to me. 

"Would you care to dance, wise girl?" He asks me, his green eyes sparkling. I giggle at his attempt to be a gentleman and accept his hand. A slow dance number is playing now and we revolve slowly amid the other couples. Percy tilts my head up slightly and kisses me softly. After we break apart, I lay my head on his chest. 

We stay like that for a while and I can't remember having had such a perfect night. 

Hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

XOXOXO,

G