Camp What?

My eyes are about to pop out of my head as the welcome presentation comes to an end. I've just found out that I'm part god and that I have to live at this weird camp now and they think that some lame video is going to help make that ok? The part horse man that welcomed me when I first got here comes back in, probably to make sure my head hasn't imploded yet. He gestures for me to follow him out of the big plantation house we are in.

"Come, there is lots for you to see. I know this is a great deal of information to take in, especially at your age. Most campers come to us much younger and usually have an easier time accepting the news. It's quite rare that a demigod reaches 16 without monster attacks. I imagine your godly parent is a minor god/goddess. I have an senior counselor coming to give you a tour." The horse-man says. He told me his name but I've forgotten it. I look out beyond the porch and try to take in all the activity that is happening. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the gods exist.

"Chiron!" A girl is making her way over to us, waving to the horse man. His name must be Chiron. She reaches us and I get a better look. She is older than me but not by much. She's quite tall, with blonde curls that are up in a ponytail, and her eyes are a really startling grey. It's unnerving. She gives me a smile but it doesn't quite reach her eyes. I don't think this girl is naturally very friendly.

"Ah, Annabeth. This is Lana. I need you to give her a tour." Chiron introduces us with a kind smile. 

"Cabin?" Annabeth addresses Chiron.

"11 for now. I don't think it will take long for her to be claimed. I have some work to do, I will see you ladies later on." And with that, Chiron goes back inside. Annabeth turns back towards me.

"Sorry, but what does claimed mean?" I ask.

"Your godly parent has to claim you as theirs. Once you've been claimed, you'll move into the cabin with your siblings, if you have any. There's only two cabins here where this is only one demigod in it so chances are you'll have more than one. Did you grow up with a mom or a dad?" She explains.

"A dad. My mom died when I was born, or so I was told." I tell her. She looks me up and down and I feel a little self conscious. I don't really stand out, I look pretty plain with my straight brown hair and blue eyes.

"Hmm. Since you're so much older than normal, I would say you're either a Demeter or a Hecate child. Athena is out, you look nothing like us. Aphrodite is probably out, no offense. Iris is always a possibility too. Come on, I have a class I want to watch in an hour, so let's get started." Annabeth waves at me, and we start the tour. 

She shows me the picnic tables where they eat, the infirmary, the cabins, and the stables. The idea of flying horses leaves me speechless for a while. 

"So you guys just train? What for?" I ask as we pass the archery class. All the campers hit the targets dead center.

"Quests mostly. Most campers only get one or two while they stay here but since I've been at camp, there have been two wars and a lot of battles. We've taken quite a hit just in the past 4 years." Annabeth says, her eyes going stormy.

"Did you take part in the wars?" I ask.

"Yes." Is all she says and I get the sense that she doesn't like talking about it. I follow her to the arena, it looks like an actual greek coliseum. There's a group of younger kids surrounding an older boy. The boy is very tall, has very dark hair, and a large sword is in his hand. Annabeth sits in one of the rows and I join her.

"Everyone keeps telling me that I'm so much older than normal. What age do campers usually join?" I wonder.

"The average is 12-13, and most campers are only here for the summers. I've stayed year round mostly since I was 7. Monsters start attacking around middle school, which is why that's the average age." Annabeth says, her eyes on the older boy teaching. I would take a guess that she likes him. I've always been pretty good at reading people.

"Oh ok. How old are you?" I ask her.

"Almost 18. I'm a senior camper and cabin counselor." She says. I remember she said something about Athena, that I look nothing like them.

"Who is your godly parent?"

"Athena." She answers. She's still watching the older boy intently.

"Who are you staring at so hard?" I ask her.

"Percy." She says, not looking at me. The boy looks up at the mention of his name and smiles in our direction. He's really quite cute.

"Oh. Is he a teacher here?" I ask.

"He teaches a few classes occasionally." She answers me.

"He's cute." I observe, gauging her reaction.

"Oh, I know." Annabeth says, smiling for the first time since I met her. Oh, she definitely likes him. The older boy, Percy she called him, finishes up his class and dismisses the younger kids. He comes over to where we are sitting.

"Hello, ladies. Anything you need, Annabeth?" He asks politely.

"Just showing Lana here around camp. She's new." Annabeth gestures towards me. I smile and wave.

"Welcome to camp, Lana. What's your cabin?" Percy wants to know.

"Not sure yet." I reply.

"She thinks you're cute." Annabeth mentions offhand, like it's an everyday conversation starter. I try not to blush.

"Hmm, what about you, Wise Girl? Do you think I'm cute?" Percy asks her, not even fazed by her words.

"Not even in the slightest, Seaweed Brain." She smirks. He laughs, and caps his sword, turning it into a pen. A pen sword? Is that even a real thing?

"That's not what you said last night!" Percy calls, as he walks away. Annabeth just waves him off, still smiling.

"That was some hardcore flirting I just witnessed." I note.

"What? Oh, Percy. Yeah, he likes to flirt." Annabeth says, distracted by something. I follow her gaze and Percy has reentered, this time without a shirt. I hide my smile, because this is seriously not happening. My afternoon has turned into a romcom about to unfold.

"Does he like you back?" I ask her. She laughs.

"I should hope so, considering he's my boyfriend." I wasn't expecting that.

"Oh! That makes sense. I'm going to go look around, try to remember where everything is." I say.

"Ok. Stay away from the lava wall and the archery area, unless you want to die." She tells me with a smile. I can see that her attention is focused elsewhere at the moment. I look back right before I exit the arena, just in time to see and her Percy kiss.

This chapter is so ew but I needed to get it out of my drafts and I can't ever bring myself to delete chapters. 

What are some of your favorite one-shots in this book? A few of mine are 'Make me', 'Impatient', 'Little Star', 'Girl's Night', 'Flower Crowns', "Swept Off My Feet", and 'I Hate That I Love You', 

Hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

XOXO,

G