I Give Up Trying Chapter Six

"Y-you what?" Shizuo asked. "I want to know if Izaya can stay with you, at least until we know he's safe." Shinra repeated. "N-no way! We-we're enemies! He might try to kill me!" Shizuo stated in the most unconvincing tone in the world. "Look me in the eyes and tell me you think Izaya is in fit enough shape to kill someone, let alone the strongest man in Ikebukuro." Shinra stated smartly. "Ugh... Fine." Groaned Shizuo, who knew he couldn't do it if he tried. "But why would Izaya be in danger?" Shizuo asked. "His father beats him every day, it doesn't look like he cares about the Flea, so why would he go after him?"  Shinra then took a moment to admire Shizuo's ignorance. Then he replied, "There are a few reasons.  Number one, Izaya can go tell someone, and put his father's freedom at risk. Two, Izaya is his father's only source of income. He's now broke and no chance on getting more alcohol anytime soon. Reason number three, his toy is gone. He now has no one to take his anger out on. Need anything else?" Shizuo stood there shocked as if only now grasping the severity and depth of the situation. It all still felt surreal to the blonde. Shizuo shook his head after a bit, before mumbling the question, " How could you possibly I'm in love with the flea? "  Shinra then smiled, returning to his cheerful self, saying, " I know love. I have my darling Celty after all. And from one love-sick man to another, you've got it baaaad. " Then, with his face growing serious again Shinra added, "If you hurt him I WILL end you. He is my little brother and I will stop at nothing to protect him." Then, returning to his cheery self he invited Shizuo in the kitchen to review how to take care of Izaya, help him with his depression, and hopefully get him better.

•••••••••••••Time skip 6 months I'm sorry I'm lazy••••••••••

Izaya was now living with Shizuo, and after a slight struggle of getting him to eat and respect himself as a human being, things were turning up. He had been making great progress in therapy with Shinra, his father was taken into custody and with a little effort was put in prison for a long time. (A/N I am not saying that all cases of domestic violence are this easily solved and the road to recovery is this fast, just for the sake of my inadequate writing skills this is how the story is going to be.) Even though Izaya was now technically safe, Shizuo found himself enjoying the company of the raven haired boy, and didn't want him to leave. Although he did slightly regret telling Shinra this, as it led for more pushing for the blonde to confess his feelings. Yes, Shizuo still hadn't confessed, even after coming to terms with his feelings. Shinra was growing more and more agitated because not only was Shizuo being stubborn, but Izaya was hurting. They had covered the info-broker's long time love for the blonde in several therapy sessions, all ending with the same ending of, "I'm worthless to him it's not worth losing him." One day , after Izaya had left, Shinra was brainstorming ideas on how to get the two of them together with Celty when there was a knock on the door. Shinra stood up to answer it while Celty put on her helmet and went into the kitchen. "Ah! Verona!  What a surprise!" Shinra exclaimed , praying it was loud enough for his darling Celty to hear. Luckily she did, and headed straight for the bedroom to hide until Shinra went to go get her. "Oi! Why were you yelling?" Verona demanded. "Was I?" Shinra asked. "Well then I'm very sorry." He said in an almost unnaturally sweet tone, even for him. He knew that she had tried to hurt his darling Celty in the past, and she also had tried to hurt Izaya. Not only that, but she interfered with his ship. "Whatever."  Verona said, rolling her eyes. "Anyways, what can I do for you?" Shinra asked in his overly sweet tone. Like a switch, Verona's confident and inquisitive stature immediately changed to that of a quiet and shy young lady. "Well, I'm leaving to go back to Russia, and I erm... Wanted to know where Shizuo lives so I could say goodbye..." She said, almost to fast and quiet for Shinra to hear. Luckily, he had experience in that type of speech thanks to Izaya, and he understood her perfectly. At first he was suspicious, but then he saw the light blush on her face. Now knowing what she intended to do, Shinra saw the perfect opportunity to get Shizuo and Izaya together. He told her the address, then went to go get Celty. "Celty darling, we have to get to Shizuo's house now! I'll explain on the way!" He exclaimed , a mixture of giddy and nervous.