FINALLY! Chapter 10

A cold wind swept through the apartment. Izaya was the only one awake. He sat alone in the bathroom. He shuddered. He held his old switchblade in his hand. And they thought they took them all away. Even Shizuo hadn't recognized the fact that his iconic knife was missing. Nope, because none of them knew him, none of them cared enough to! Well tonight was the night. That last little run in with those disgusting men had finally pushed him over the edge. He was going to do it. There was a bridge right outside of Ikebukuro that Izaya just had to get to. He hates that he wanted it, but he thought he deserved it, so he just hated himself even more. He thought of how disappointed Shinra would be when he found out that Izaya was no longer clean as he had been for a month, and how relieved Shizu-chan would be when he left. All he thought of was the terrible amount of trouble that he caused, and how much better off people would be without him. It was like Shizu-chan had said. He was a louse, a parasite, and he only ruins lives so nobody wants him. He then felt a wave of guilt wash over him as he thought of Shinra, Celty, and Shizu-chan, and how disappointed they would be when they found out all their effort had been for nothing. Sighing in defeat, Izaya promised himself he would write a letter after he had cleaned up everything just to appease himself and to assure everyone that it was his decision, and it was none of their faults. Not that they would care, it was mostly to make some optimistic part of him relax.

After he cleaned off all of his blood from the bathroom floor, Izaya used his skills from his info-broker days to silently sneak about the house and to the kitchen where he then grabbed a pen and paper. He rolled his eyes at what he was about to say.

'Hey, sorry.

If you're the unlucky one to make the discovery, congratulations, you are the first to learn of my timely passing. I'm really sorry, because you all were so wonderful to me and now everything was for nothing, right? Man, I'm a terrible person. I'm very sorry. I just want you to know that it was no one's fault, and it was my decision. No one but me had influence on this and to be honest I deserve it. It's just a recent turn of events has just reminded me of how useless I am. If you're curious about where my body is, it'll be in Chihato. Can you believe it? I hope no children find me but oh well! I really will miss you guys. Especially you Shizu-chan! You did a lot for me... And truth be told, I've been in love with you since high school! Isn't that crazy. Anyways, it's for the best. Goodbye.

-Izaya Orihara'

Izaya smiled grimly, satisfied with his work. Almost sixteen minutes had passed. 'Now's as good as ever.' He thought, as he snuck out the door silently, leaving them more impaled on the table with a very familiar switch blade. Closing the door softly, Izaya ran down to the parking lot. Normally, he was faster than a car, but giving current events and his lack of sleep and food, a twenty two minute drive didn't seem so bad. He doubted he would make it on foot, and he wanted to see his favourite childhood memory before he left. And with that thought, he hotwired a dark blue car, and began his drive.

*******************************************************  Shizuo woke up to a draft flowing through his home. Sighing, he decided to go investigate why it was so breezy in his closed off apartment. He walked by the futon and was surprised and a little worried that Izaya wasn't in it. In fact, he didn't see Izaya anywhere... Shizuo continued walking to the door, and passed the kitchen table when something shiny caught his eye. He turned and saw a vaguely familiar, bloodstained knife, that was holding down a piece of paper. 'Crap! That's Izaya's!' Thought Shizuo as he remembered the knife from experience. He was now very worried as he picked up the knife and paper as he immediately rushed to the bathroom. Slightly relieved when he saw no blood, he immediately panicked again upon seeing cleaning supplies on the counter. He turned on the light and before his eyes even completely adjusted, he began to read the note. When his eyes had completed scanning the paper, he eyes grinned with tears as he only had one thought. He needed to find Izaya.

*******************************************************  Shinra dat alone at the table. He knew it was late but he couldn't shrug off the nagging feeling of something happening. Celty walked in. "Ah! My darling Celty! What are you doing up so late?" Shinra asked. Celty pulled her phone out and began typing. 'I can't sleep. You?' The doctor grimaced. "Same. I just cannot shake the feeling that something HUGE is going to happen. I... I think my plan is working."

A/N Helloooo... Sorry for being dormant for a bit. I'll be updating a bit slower now... I'm very sorry. But I promise that when I'm done with this, all my other stories will be pre-written. Until then goodbye people of earth!