Chapter four

P.O.V of Robin.
The suit wasn't the worst I guess, it was easy to move in and could conceal the weapons that I may find myself needing. However, there was no point in me being here, the team never knew about this mission because I never told them about it. So it's not like any of them are actually going to turn up, but it got me out of being in the same place as Slade for a couple hours, so I'd take this task any day.

"Hello, you must be Jade." I greeted the woman that walked over to me.

She was wearing a simple green dress which was accented with diamonds near the bottom and her hair was elegantly tied in a bun, a few strands left to frame her face and black eyes.

"And you must be Slade's new apprentice." She grinned, "Pleasure to meet you." She offered out her arm and I took it to lead her inside, "He never gave me your name, what am I to call you?"

"My name is Robin, at least as far as you're concerned it is." I smiled politely as we were shown into the museum.

"So it's true." She turned to face me, a grin still plastered on her face, "The Teen Titan leader was swayed to his side."

"I wouldn't say I agreed with him in any manner." I growled, "So don't get your hopes up."

"Oh, sorry, did I hit a nerve?" She taunted then took in a sharp breath as if realising something, "Does the Bat know?"

"We no longer have contact." I said, "Lost it a long time ago."

"Just like my family and I." She sighed, "We have more in common than I thought."

I held back my remark as we were seated at a table near the front and the live band. All around the room I could see priceless artworks on display, ready for the highest bidder to buy later this evening. Or in Cheshire's case, steal.

"Are you ready for a dance?" She asked.

"I don't dance." I grumbled.

"I'm sure if I contacted Slade and told him that, your reply would be different." She grinned and I stood with her and travelled to the dance floor.

We moved around the floor with the other guests, never taking our eyes off each other from knowing that when we did something would certainly happen.

"I don't need you to tell me your name anyway." She whispered as she rested her head on my shoulder, "The eyes give it all away Richard."

I almost stopped dancing from surprise then, managing to trip over my feet instead, but quickly regained my composure and look her dead in the eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said.

"Come now Richard." She said, "Do you really take me for an idiot? I know what the ward of Bruce Wayne looks like, everyone does. That's why everyone here is staring, the ward is out alone with a date."

"I'm done." I said, pushing her away and heading back to our table.

"Be careful little birdie." Cheshire taunted as she came to sit next to me, "Slade is right on the other end of the line."

"Like he needs you to tell him what's going on." I muttered, "He probably has this place rigged."

"Actually, apprentice, I do not." Slade's voice came through my ear, "This mission is about trust, to see if I can trust you. My only eyes are through what Cheshire tells me and what I hear through your comms."