♕♚022♔♛

▽▲ ▽▲▽
third person pov

"You scared the hell out of me," Yanjun commented as he held her hand. He was driving them home and lifted her hand up to kiss the back of it.

"I know," she snickered, squeezing his. She looked to the back of the car and saw Justin on his phone surrounded by flowers and balloons. When she looked back at Yanjun who held her hand to his mouth. "You did too much."

"Actually, Jun-ge was going to decorate the whole house and have a party just to propose," Justin interjected.

"Yeah, that's way too much," Scarlett chuckled but lent over and kissed his cheek. "Thank you, love."

"Please, not too much PDA," Justin muttered in the back and Scarlett released Yanjun's hand to playfully slap her brother's thigh.

"Yeah, wouldn't want you copying us with Anesthesia," she grinned sitting back in her chair. Her eyebrows furrowed as she thought about something suddenly. "Why wasn't Linkai around? He's the President of our fan club after all..."

Yanjun made a turn before glancing over to her, "he had an exam so he couldn't make it. He said a video would be good enough for him."

Scarlett nodded, but it didn't feel right. She didn't push because she knew that it was more than possible. She suddenly felt guilty when Yanjun places a hand on her thigh.

"Yanjun..."

"Yes, Crimson?"

She swallowed and she placed her hand over his. Her eyes moved to him and she spoke, "there's still a lot of things that you still don't know about me, Yanjun."

"I know," Yanjun nodded his head and glanced over to her. He sent her a quick smile before looking back to the road. "But I know you enough and I know that I want to spend forever with you."

She opened her mouth to ask more about it, but her phone buzzed in the cup holder between her and Yanjun. She reached over and saw a text from an unknown number and knew. She knew something was wrong.

Scarlett looked in the rear view mirror at Justin to see him on his phone then she looked to Yanjun who was focused on the road. A quiet, small shaky breath left her as she unlocked her phone.

UNKNOWN
i have your friend
if you want him back meet me
you know where to find me.
i know you do.
(12:56 p.m.)

▽▲ ▽▲▽

Scarlett sat on the edge of her and Yanjun's bed with her newly packed backpack against the wall near the door.

She knew where Linkai was which meant she knew where his kidnapper was.

As the bedroom door open, Scarlett looked up to see Yanjun enter the bedroom. He had a bag in his hand and a bright smile on his face.

"I got you something," Yanjun grinned ear to ear as he held the bag out to her. Scarlett stood to her feet as she grabbed the bag from him. He traded places with her when the paper bag was passed and he took a seat where she had been.

"No more buying me things," Scarlett smiled, a haze in her eyes that she hoped he didn't see. She faced him as she looked into the bag, she grasped the fabric inside and he took the bag once again so she could hold the clothing better.

"Do you like it," Yanjun asked her as he saw tears rim her eyes.

"Benny 'the Jet' Rodriguez," Scarlett quietly read the last name on the back with the number just below it. Her eyes moved back to Yanjun and she smiled, "I love it. Thank you."

"Just don't love it more than me," Yanjun smiled seeing her so happy about it. She shook her head and moved into his arms before placing the baseball jersey beside him. She placed a hand on his shoulder and looked down at him.

Her hand came to cup his cheek as he placed his on her hips. Her eyes stared deep into his as she spoke her next words, "I could never love anyone or anything as much as I love you, Yanjun."

"Yeah...?"

Yanjun watched as her eyes moved over his face like she was trying to embed his features into her mind. A small smile peaked as her eyes stopped on his lips before darting back into his eyes.

"Of course. I only love you, Yanjun," she whispered and pressed her lips to his.

▽▲ ▽▲▽

Yanjun had fallen asleep after the engaged couple had a shown each other how much they loved one another. At least as much as they could show.

Scarlett silently laid beside him, her body covered by the sheets pressed against him. She stared up at the ceiling, tears slowly cascading down her face. She was silent like the night and wiped the tears away with careful hands. She slowly sat up and Yanjun slightly stirred.

"Baby, what are you doing," he rasped, eyes still shut.

Scarlett looked over her shoulder at him and saw the marks on his neck telling everyone that she was there. She reached out and lightly brushed the skin causing his lips to tilt up. She drew back her hand, but Yanjun caught it.

"I need to go pick Linkai up," she whispered as he softly rubbed her hand.

"Ask someone else," she shook her head.

"Sorry, love, but I promised him I'd pick him up to tell him the story."

Yanjun released as small sigh, "okay. I'll go with you."

"No way," Scarlett lightly laughed. "You'll just cut me off. Besides, you're far too tired. I'll...I'll be back before you know it."

Yanjun didn't respond. Scarlett thought he fell back asleep and when she began pulling her hand away, he held a little tighter.

"Promise," he asked lifting her hand to his lips and pressing a feather like kiss to it. She watched as his chest rose and fell, his peaceful figure lying almost still. She wanted to stay there, but it was just a want. She needed to go, she needed to leave his side for the possible last time.

So she leant over and pressed a kiss to his pillow soft lips as if promising a promise that she wouldn't be able to keep.