♕♚030♔♛

▽▲ ▽▲▽
third person pov

Cold air blew through Rory's hair and the smell of grass flooded her nose. As she sat, she held onto the cool metal chains while the swing softly rocked back and forth, the sound of it's hinges creating a small chime.

Her eyes were casted to the dark skies and moved over the stars and full moon hanging in the Black never ending space.

"Do you think Dad would ever come back with us?"

Rory casted her eyes to the voice and saw a young boy sitting on the swing next to her. His pale face was turned to the sky, but when she didn't say anything he looked over to her with a frown. His brown eyes brimmed with tears and her heart felt like it been stabbed.

She didn't know this kid, but she dreamed of him often lately. She clamped her mouth shut, but if flew open without her control.

"Of course. He's just busy now."

"He's always busy," the boy muttered, stopping his swing. His shoes pressed against the concrete before he lifted them and started swinging a bit faster than Rory.

Her eyes moved away from him and found the brightest star in the sky. It sat far away from the moon, but compared to the others, it was much brighter.

"Make a wish," she pointed at the twinkling star. The boy stopped his swing again and followed her finger to see the star. His lips pressed together in a tight line as she glanced to him.

"It's not a shooting star," he pointed out, his fingers unwrapping from the chain to dig his hands into his jacket pockets.

"That doesn't matter. If you really want what you wish for, I'm sure you'll get it even if you have to work for it or it seems impossible," she shrugged her shoulders and smiled a genuine smile. The boy stared at her for a long second, he watched her and finally sighed while turning his attention to the star.

"Fine, but don't make fun of my wish," he grumbled shooting her a quick glare. "I wish I could be even more good looking and make some cool friends."

Rory nearly snorted, but held it back. A smile covering her face as she looked to the ground at her feet. She expected a different wish from the kid, but somehow she wasn't surprised.

"Aren't you going to make a wish?"

She looked to the boy and saw he was smiling now. His smile made hers only grow wider as she shook her head. She pulled herself up and off the swing and went behind him. He adjusted himself on the swing and held back onto the chains before she gave him a small push.

"I don't have anything to wish for. I'm okay with my life right now."

Rory went to push the boy on the swing again, but just as her hand made contact, he turned to dust. A gasp left her lip as she looked at her hand then around her, everything began to disappear. Suddenly, she was in the dark until her eyes snapped open to find herself in a familiar place. It was still dark and cold, but she could hear snoring behind her. It was Kailer, of course, but even with his loud snoring, that wasn't what was on her mind.

She wondered about the little kid in her dream. She had all kinds of dreams of people she didn't know, but he and a couple of other people made an appearance in her dreams often.

Rory's eyes scanned the cold room and she snuggled deeper into the blankets, tugging some from Kailer. She shifted in the bed slightly, but closed her eyes and let herself fall into a new dream.

This time she was laying in a bed, staring up at the ceiling. The sun was shining from the windows to the left of her and she could see small particles of dust floating around. A small sigh dropped from her full lips, but it wasn't one of boredom or irritation. It was a sigh of peace and she could feel the excitement and happiness bubbling inside her chest.

"You okay," a familiar voice asked her as she felt a warm large, but gentle hand grab hers. She looked over as he turned to her in the bed sheets and played with her hand. A light chuckle came from her as she looked at his face only for it to be blurred like usual except it seemed to be a little clearer. She could see the shape of his brown eyes and the shape of his pink lips.

"Yeah," she whispered back although a small sob came along. She saw the pink lips she wanted to kiss frown as he shifted his body.

"What's wrong," he asked carefully squeezing her hand. His other head his head, propping it up and his elbow pressing into the pillow under him.

"I missed you," she admitted. "I miss you."

She could feel him smile and it made her want to smile. The only problem was, she ended up crying instead. She wanted him, but she was aware he was only a figment of her unconscious imagination.

"I miss you too," he seemed to have whispered as he wiped away the tears cascading down her face. His touch was always soft, always careful.

"Please. Stay with me," she begged, grasping his hand that caressed her cheek and moved closer to him in the bed. Her arm wrapped around his waist knowing that she had such little time with him and he could disappear any moment because he could. Time always went too fast when she was with him.

"I will. Remember me, Crimson."