please - n

it was time. time for me to leave, the world, time for me to say goodbye to everyone and everything i loved. Niall.

i texted Niall saying 'thank you, for everything you've done for me recently, but it's time i need to say goodbye. forever. i love you, friend' i was struggling now to try hit send, but i did it. once i saw it had delivered i closed my phone, left it on the dining table, next to the note i had written for my family to read.
Niall was my best friend. but he sometimes had acted like he hated me, all his friends hated me, my family hated me. now it's time to put that all away and end it all.

- Niall's pov-
i'd arrived back home after a long day at school, y/n wasn't there. she'd called in sick, again. god i love her, way way way more than a friend.
i'd received a message from her saying 'thank you, for everything you've done for me recently, but it's time i need to say goodbye. forever. i love you, friend'
tears had instantly come to my eyes, she was going to kill herself.
i ran out the house to go to hers, i knocked loudly on the door and her mother opened it, tears running down her face "niall, hi, what's up?" she shakily asked me, i was debating whether i should ask her if she was okay or ask where y/n was "where's y/n? please t-tell me!" i felt like i couldn't breathe. she'd shaken her head and gone to get a small piece of paper "read this ni" she told me, and i did. it was y/n's i couldn't read it without breaking down, "t-thank you, i have to s-stop her" i hugged y/m/n tightly then ran off away from her home. going round every park. every tree. there was no sign of her at all. until i remembered. the tree we always used to play on, the one we tied a swing to, had a real strong branch hanging off it. she must have gone there.
- y/n's pov -
i climbed up mine and niall's childhood swing tree, tying the piece of rope around it then doing the same around my neck. i was just about to jump when i heard an irish accent scream my name. "niall?" i questioned if i should just jump and let him see it. "y/n, get down from there. please!" he was crying. i didn't need to see him to know he was crying, i heard it. "No, niall. i'm not getting down. i-i don't deserve to live anymore" he ran closer to me and began climbing up the tree. i'm gonna jump, i thought. and i did. i jumped so quickly.

- niall's pov -
she jumped as soon as i got up there. "NO!" i screamed and walked as quickly as i could across the branch to try and get her out. she was already struggling to breathe. then i remembered. the swing. it was super high up so i stood on the edge of it and grabbed her body in my arms. removing her head from the loop. "NIALL. WHY DID YOU ST-," "shhhh, y/n, y-you mean so much to m-me." i whispered, "why did y-you d-do that? i want-," i had silenced her with a soft kiss on the lips. but she didn't kiss back. i was disappointed to say the least. i climbed down from the swing and sat her down on the ground. she looked up at me. eyes flickering from my eyes to my lips, back and forth. she leaned in this time, her lips brushed against mine before i leaned in closer. a volcano erupted in my stomach, causing sparks, this was amazing. she pulled back, as did i. "i-i love you ni" she grinned at me, tears still running down her red stained cheeks. "and i love you" i replied, kissing her lightly on the cheek. "please, please don't do it again" she shook her head at my begs. "ple- please?" i whimpered quietly.
——-
vote!
i love you 🍯