Party of the Summer

"BREAKFAST'S READY," her dad walks in her room, "Wake up kiddo, its Saturday and breakfast is ready." She hurries and slips on her robe and slippers and races him to the kitchen table. The difference between today and all the other days however is that her dad took the route that she would normally take, the back stairs. She used the front staircase and still beat him. "You're too slow." She said with a laugh. It was a ritual that every Saturday morning, they race to the table for breakfast. They sat down to eat breakfast like any other morning, laughing, talking, and enjoying each other's company. They were the model family. "Kayla, are you going to the party tonight?" Jr, her little brother wanted to know. "If mom and dad say I can then yea." Her mother and father exchanged looks and told her she could go. It was Kayla, she was an angel and did nothing wrong. Then her brother asked and they told him yes as well. Jacob Jr. and Kayla were a year apart. JJ was excited to be headed into his Junior year in high school especially with his girlfriend of four years, Melody. "Melody wants to know if she can ride to the party with us?" MaKayla loved her sister in law and they did stuff together all the time. "Sure, tell her we'll be there at 7:30 to pick her up." Her phone rang, it was Hope, her Bestfriend. "MaKayla's phone, MaKayla speaking." "GUESS WHAT!!!!!" MaKayla couldn't wait to hear what Hope was gonna tell her. "What girl?" "So you know that fine dude Josh that I said I liked?" "Yes....." MaKayla said curiously. "GIRL HE SLID IN MY DM!!!!" MaKayla and Hope started screaming out of nowhere. They talked a little bit more and got off the phone because they had a lot to do to get ready for the party. For hours, she shopped looking for the perfect outfit for the party, this was the social event of the year and lest we forget she was entering senior year in high school. 7:00 comes and Kayla and JJ leave for the party and go pick up Melody. The party started at 8 but they made it around 7:45. When they made it Kierra, the host of the party and Kayla's other Bestfriend, let them in early. The party was lit, everybody dancing, drinking, swimming, having a good time. Kierra, Kayla and Hope were sitting down laughing and talking and noticed this fine, athletic , thuggish dude with waves deeper than the Caribbean walk through the door. Hope and Kierra had been trying to get Kayla in a relationship for a whole year. She just didn't want to date after her ex, Quincy, cheated on her with her ex-bestfriend, McKenslie. She told them how her dad wanted her to date the drummer at the church, Marcus, but she wasn't interested in him but she didn't want to let her dad down and date someone that looked as thuggish as him. He noticed them checking him out and giggling and decided to take a trip over there. Hope and Kierra were already in relationships. So when he made it over he told her how she was fine and he wanted to get to know her. She gazed into his hazelnut eyes and fell madly in love. He looked at her with this look of admiration biting and licking his lips as they laughed and talked. Wanting a little more privacy and quiet, she asked if he wanted to go out to the dock and talk, he agreed. They  got up and walked out to the dock overlooking the lake at Kierra's house, it was peaceful and nobody but the two of them looking out at the romantic scenery. There's nothing more romantic than a beautiful moonlit lake. As they sat and got to know each other more, they fell more and more in love. "Am I falling for him. I mean he is fine asf and I do want him but I don't know if I'm ready." She sat there thinking to herself for a while and still talking to him, getting to know him. He looked at her and noticed she had an expression on her face like something was on her mind so he leaned in and kissed her. Their lips intertwined and they couldn't stop. She loved the way he caressed her body and how aggressively he handled her. Thye started to tear away at each other's clothes but her dad flashed in her mind. She quickly stopped him before they got too far and decided, "Let's take it slow." He went ahead and agreed but she could tell by the look on his face he wasn't too happy. They exchanged numbers and decided before they almost did anything else to go back up to the house to the party. They danced, laughed, and talked the whole night. Then the party was over and it was time to go home. When Kayla made it to the car she noticed JJ and Melody weren't there so she waited for them to make it to the car. When they got in, Melody asked her, "Who was that guy that was all over you?" "Nobody special just some boy trying to talk to me." Melody could tell by the smile on her face that he wasn't just some boy trying to holler at her. "Mmhmmm you like him I can tell, you're blushing." Melody just had a feeling that Kayla wanted him and she really did but her pride wouldn't let her admit it. "Kayla got a boyfriend." JJ kept singing and chanting that one line all the way home. "Don't mention Daemon to or around mom and dad." Kayla begged JJ because she knew it would hurt her dad because he really wants her to be with Marcus. "I promise." And he did just that, the whole summer he kept his mouth shut about Daemon and she kept meeting Daemon, going on dates with him, she even told her mom but her dad could not know.