Chapter 57

Chapter Fifty-Seven

The morning after Bei Dou and Xiao Tu's wedding.

Bei Dou rolled around from night to dawn and finally he could eat Xiao Tu.

Pei Jin successfully ate Yan Shi Ning.

That morning Yan Shi Ning woke up and saw Pei Jin staring sadly at the ceiling. She knocked her head on his arm. 'Pei Jin, what are you thinking?'

'I'm thinking it's been many days and it's the right time for me to see tenth brother,' Pei Jin said.

'You should go,' Yan Shi Ning said.

'Shi Ning, do you want to accompany me?' Pei Jin asked.

'I can go outside?' Yan Shi Ning asked.

Yan Shi Ning was three months pregnant and her stomach was round. If she walked outside the manor then her pregnancy wouldn't be a secret anymore.

'Shi Ning, you've been locked at home for months,' Pei Jin said. 'Don't you want to go outside?'

'I do want to go outside but... I decided I want to continue staying home,' Yan Shi Ning said.

Pei Jin understood Yan Shi Ning didn't want to risk losing their child and he held her hand. 'Shi Ning, I've made you worried.'

'It's enough that you know,' Yan Shi Ning said. 'Pei Jin, on the way home remember to buy braised trotters and soft dates at Guo Fu for me.'

Yan Shi Ning licked her lips and felt hungry.

'Shi Ning, recently you've been craving for soft food,' Pei Jin said.

'Um, is something wrong with my cravings?' Yan Shi Ning asked.

'Elders say if a pregnant woman is carrying a boy then she'll crave soft food,' Pei Jin said. He rubbed Yan Shi Ning's stomach. 'Do you think our child is a boy?'

Yan Shi Ning kicked Pei Jin, his hands were rubbing past her stomach. 'Pei Jin, take your hands away.'

Pei Jin kissed Yan Shi Ning, dressed and unwillingly left the chamber. He was happy to eat Yan Shi Ning but he regretted he couldn't eat her as often as he did before she was pregnant.

West of the imperial city there was a busy shop owned by Gentleman Su Ci. He stood at the front of the shop and greeted customers. He grinned after he saw Pei Jin stepped out of a horse carriage.

'Ninth prince, what wind brought you here?' Su Ci asked. 'Someone bring the rare tea to ninth prince!'

'Gentleman Su Ci, you're too generous,' Pei Jin praised. 'I heard you have a rare jade bracelet at your shop. I came here because I'm interested in seeing the rare jade bracelet.'

'Ninth prince, I understand,' Su Ci said. 'Please come inside. We can drink tea and talk.'

'Sorry for troubling Gentleman Su Ci,' Pei Jin said and walked into the shop.

The rich young gentleman customers who were inside the shop gossiped about Pei Jin.

'Ninth prince is kind and gentle as rumored,' the first young man said. 'A while ago I heard he bought a rare pair of jade bracelets for his wife.'

'You don't know how much ninth prince dotes on his wife,' the second young man said. 'To ninth prince gold and silver can't compare to a beauty's smile.'

'What about you?' the first young man asked. 'Aren't you going to buy this ring? It's only five hundred silver taels. Are you not buying it because your heart will miss the silver taels?'