Chapter 2 - An Early Morning Jog

Beep!
Beep!
Beep!
Be-

I shut off the noise blaring from my alarm clock. I sighed as I slowly open my eyes to the sun shining in my apartment window. I look at the the clock as it read, "6:30 AM".

I groaned loudly, rubbing my eyes and ripping the blankets off of me before I get too comfortable again. Sitting up and going to the bathroom, I look into the mirror.

I start playing with my face. White feathers and a black line from my eye to my nose was all brushed out of proportion because of the way I was sleeping.

Morning hair...

My (E/C) eyes were kind of glazed over and still a bit of crust in the corners of them. I turned on the shower as I start undressing myself and got inside. The water drenched me right when I got in. The warmth of the shower was always so relaxing to me. I smiled softly.

Taking the soap, I rub it around my body to make sure everything is clean. I rinse myself off and take the soap to my body once more. I grabbed the shampoo/conditioner and squirted it into my hand.

I needed a special kind of shampoo/conditioner and soap since my feathers are "fragile" as the doctors and my parents say.

My parents are overprotective. They are a bit of psychos. My mom is a singer/actress and my dad is a huge company owner for Cheezers and Wing Kingdom. There were many times where they always told me to make sure that I always get this soap and shampoo/ conditioner to tend with my special feathers.

My mom is a white peacock with the longest and most beautiful feathers. She always told me that people would always want what I have and will not be afraid to take it by force.

My dad is a regular looking peacock and because he is regular, I got some patches of black and blue around my body. On my face, like I said earlier, there is a black line from both my eyes to my nose. Blue and black mixed itself with my white tail feathers and my wings, but his tail feathers keep him higher then everyone else and out of the way of people to mess with. He has also told me how people will take what I have. I'm not sure if I believe them but this is my first time being out of the house and away from home. Anything is possible, but no need to scare myself.

Anyway, after I finished my shower I got out and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around my body. I wiped the fog off the mirror and I grabbed my toothbrush and scrubbed the crap out of my teeth. After, I scrubbed the crap out of my teeth.

Gotta make'em shine, you know?

Anyway, finally finished, I went back into my room and started to get dress in my fitness outfit. A (F/C) sports shirt and shorts to go with them. I, then, took a brush and stroked my feathers softly.

I wrap my strap to hold my phone to my arm. I put my phone in it and pushed the headphones into the jack. I nodded to myself.

"Ah, yes, time to start jogging again. Maybe stop for a little workout."

I grabbed my keys and my wallet and left the house locking the door behind me. I walk down the stairs as I step a foot outside. The warm breeze of summer is slowly coming to an end. Better make it last. I breathe in and out and start to jog down the street.

After a few turns I end up in front of this really nice park. Seems like the hills go on for miles and the sunrise gives it a good touch. I look up at the sign above the entrance.

"Park...?"

That's it? Just "Park". Well, I guess it's a good simple name. Keeps you reminded about it. I decided to see what's inside and walked into the land. The grass is pretty nice and the birds around here seem happy. I like it so far.

As I'm looking around I notice a small building filled with chips, candy, donuts, drinks and so on. Beyond that was a house. Blue and white.

Why not take my jog a little further?

I continued to jog over to the building. I make it to the house and it looked cozier than before. I stopped for a second and looked around for a spot to do my workout routine. Finding a place that was near it, I set down my phone and took my ear plugs out. My music kept going as I closed my eyes and got into the first position.

"Bensooooon, why are making us get up this early?" A heard a familiar voice complain.

"Yeah, Beeeensooon? Whyyy? We're too tired right now," another familiar voice said.

"Well, this is your punishment for not doing what I asked yesterday! Since you slept ALL DAY YESTERDAY YOU DON'T GET TO SLEEP IN TODAY!" This man yelled.

Jesus, why does he have to yell so loudly? What's wrong with that guy? I decided to put my headphones back in and ignore this argument that whoever was having.

Out of nowhere, I feel myself get completely drenched and I scream out loudly.

"What the-?!"

"Oh crap, turn it off, Rigby!"

The water slowly went away as I open my eyes, seeing two guys run up to me.

"Oh my geez, it's (Y/N)! Are you okay?!" I, now notice that the guys were Mordecai and Rigby. I sigh and stand up.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it." I say, wiping my phone off with my wing, but it didn't worked. I pressed the home button and it still turned on, which is definitely a good thing, "ugh, my outfit..."

"We're super sorry! We didn't mean to do it!" Rigby pleaded.

"I said it's fine. I just need to change." I replied and started to walk away, but before I could, someone grabbed my wrist stopping me from where I am. I look back to see Mordecai holding my wrist gently.

"Come on inside. I got some clothes you can change into," he said with a guilty look but still tried to smile.

"What about that thing you got to do?" I asked tilting my head.

Rigby laughed and crossed his arms, "don't worry about that. We can do it later. Come on."

"Okay...if you say so," I said, giggling a bit. Following them up the steps and into the house.