Chapter 5 - "Officially Friends"

I stared at the bright screen of my phone, waiting for someone to text me. I glanced up at the time and it read, "12:47 PM". I sighed to myself and yawned. Rolling over to my side.

It was Saturday and I didn't work Saturdays. I've only been working for a few weeks. Sometimes I'd spend my days off with Eileen or Margaret, but  since they changed up their schedules, we can't hang out on Saturdays anymore.

I don't have many friends, do I? Well, I do have Mordecai and Rigby. Maybe, they would wanna hang out. But, don't they work, too? They probably don't even want to hang out.

I looked back down at my phone and shoved my face into my (F/C) pillow.

"Ugh, why am I being so stupid?" I asked to myself but it was muffled.

Suddenly, I heard a 'bing' from my phone and I shot my head up pretty darn quickly. I turned to it and the name said Mordecai. It also came up with the message under it.

Mordecai - Hey, it's Mordecai! I was wondering if you wanna hang out today? :)

My heart started going a million times a minute.

Me - Sure, I finally have SOMEONE to take this boredom away -_-

Mordecai - Great! How about we meet at the coffee shop?

Me - I rather not go there when I don't have to. Let's get some WINGS! XD

Mordecai - Aw Yeah! Can't wait! I'll meet you there in a few minutes!

Me - See ya, Mordi ;)

I turned off my phone and jumped out of bed. I already did my morning routine earlier. They don't call it that for nothing. Anyway, I put on a nice (F/C) tank top with ripped light blue jeans. I grabbed my things and left the building.

I arrived at Wing Kingdom just in time as I see the blue bird walk towards me. I smiled at him.

"Nice to see you after a week or so," I said leaning forward.

"Hey, it's not my fault. Benson, likes to give us so much work. So we can never get it done," he said, playfully punching my arm.

"Oh, by the way, where's Rigby?" I asked looking around for the little guy.

"He couldn't come. Benson and Skips held him back as punishment for breaking their stuff. So it's just you and me," he rubbed the back of his head, like he was nervous.

To be honest, I felt a little nervous myself. My stomach felt really weird but I decided not to think about it. I'm just glad I can be here with Mordecai.

"How about we get some wings?" I asked with a smirk, while pointing over to the doors.

He nodded his head with a little smirk of his own, "I see you have mind reading powers."

"I can see your every train of thought, Mordecai," I acted like I was trying to read his mind and he started to laugh. Which made me laugh.

"You obviously can't see any of them because you'd be shocked about what I'm thinking, miss," he said, as we walked inside and took a seat.

"Riiiight. What? Are you some sort of dangerous spy from Russia?" I asked raising a brow.

"I could be more dangerous than you think," he smiled and I pressed my finger on his beak and pushed it slightly, so it wasn't in my face.

"Or, I could be the dangerous one, mister," I gave him a cheeky smile and I put my finger down as he faced me again.

The waiter came to our table and bowed.