𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀs ᴏғ ᴋʏᴏsʜɪ

𝐂𝐇 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈//𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐗𝐈𝐕

𝐂𝐇 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
//𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐗𝐈𝐕

"YOU HAVE NO idea what you're doing. Do you?" Sokka crosses his arms at Aang.

He turns to face him ignoring Katara and me in the middle.

"Well. I know it's near." He defends. In which Sokka reply's flatly, "I guess we're getting close then."

I scoff at him being impatient and childish. I fiddle with my fingers, letting my mind take me places. In my case, that's a bad idea. I have so many memories, and just things I would do anything to forget. It seems as if the most traumatic things in your life stick with you more then the happiest. It's backwards.

Even though the raid happened six years ago, I can still close my eyes and that's all I see. Watching my dad fighting for his life, for my life. I was always confused about why they killed kya right on the spot, and they dragged my father away. Was he special? Was he different? Did he have something or know something?

But as soon as those ship doors closed I knew he was as good as dead. I knew I would never see him again. I remember him still fighting in the net, still not giving up. I remember him screaming at the top of his lungs to let him go, and to leave the village alone. I remember all those things. But the funny part is, I can't remember what I was doing before the raid started, or even after really. It's a haze.

☁️

"Dad! Dad!" I scream. "Come back." A whimper escapes me, followed by loud sobs. I watch the ships sail away, leaving our village in awful conditions.

I sink to the ground. My knees hit the soft cold snow.

"Saki?" A familiar voice asks.

"Saki. You have to get up." His tone is sharp but laced with sadness and pain.

I ignore his demand.

"Saki. Please." His hand meets my shoulder.

"I'm all alone," I say watching the ships disappear into the sea.

"No, you're not. You have Katara, Sokka and I." He argues.

"But you're leaving. Aren't you. You're leaving for war." I finally look at him. Regretting it instantly.

He doesn't answer which I conclude as a yes.

Silence fills our company. Tears are still in the brim of my eyes. I'm trying everything in my power to not just let them fall. Let everything fall.