duo

hey again! thanks for checking this account out! please comment any critiques, they're greatly appreciated and all that.

enjoy!

-g

The next few minutes of class was spent by Nico scowling at his paper, while listening to Mrs. Lalonde drag on, when the bell rang. 

Jason looked around at first, confused, and Nico directed his eyes to the students grabbing their lunches. Jason exited with the class rather slow, near the back where the darker teen was. 

"So," the blond boy walked beside him as he tried to do small talk. "How long have you been at this school? Since Freshman year?" 

Nico nodded, not taking his eyes off the dazzling art on the walls. "Oh, so this is your last year. Are you from New York?" 

"Why are you talking to me?" Nico looked at his shirt, avoiding his expression. "I've much mostly ignored you, why are you still talking? Can't you tell when someone wants to be left alone?" Nico halted, and narrowed his eyes angrily, waiting. 

He didn't turn back. 

"You didn't answer my question." he said simply. 

Nico stared, before shaking his head slightly out of his dumbfounded daze, and kept walking, slowly. "No. I'm from Italy."

"Oh that's cool. I should have guessed honestly. I can hear a bit of accent." Jason had slowed down his walk and they were walking side by side. 

By then, they had entered the crowded lunch room, where noise filled his ears and he could hear the chattering of students and the clanging of silverware. 

"Hey Jason!" someone shouted. Nico ignored the call at first, and also ignored when Jason began to chat with whomever said his name, until he heard the person gently say, "You're Nico di Angelo... Right?" he looked up and she shrank away. 

She was short, shorter than Nico (who was pretty short). Her skin was dark, and she had frizzy extremely curly hair, with dyed golden streaks down the black locks. She had big hazel eyes, they were an extreme contrast to her dark skin, making them look almost golden. "This is Hazel. She transferred from my old school." 

Fitting name.

She smiled a little, and he waved his hand, acknowledging her. 

As he turned around and began walking to the tables, he could hear Hazel talking to Jason, explaining how to get a lunch. People glanced at him as he passed their table, heading to the one nearest to the left wall, which was empty. 

On the first day, it had a few students sitting there, and when Nico had sat down, they had gotten silent. The next day, it was empty. 

He sat down beside the wall, and kicked his feet up, propping them against another seat. He took out his iPod, and put in one earbud. In a few slides and clicks, Let's Go by Stuck in the Sound began blasting.

After he few minutes, he let himself smile a little. He guessed that after all Jason didn't want to talk to him. 

Good, he thought. He could be left alone now. 

He opened his eyes a little, only to jump hard and fall out the circular seat and slip backwards into the crevice that met the wall and the seats. Jason sat in the seat in front of him, chewing on a turkey sandwich. 

When he fell, his iPod slipped from it's resting place on the table, and suddenly in a swift movement, Jason was standing, catching the device, yanking the earbud from the dark boy's ear as he let out a loud oof! as he landed.