tres

It was a few days after Nico had met Jason. 

He spent the weekend mostly working at his job, which he ran food for a pizza restaurant. Nico always walked into school around the same time, several minutes before the bell. 

By then, most people were already in their classes. The hallways were empty but a few students as they yawned or threw away their coffee cups, or hurried to class. 

However, something different happened on his way to his first period, on that Monday. When he climbed up the stairwell, he was confronted by four burly guys.

He recognized two of them, Mark Cleeton and Zack Smith. "Took you long enough." Cleeton and the others ganged up on him, forcing Nico to press up against a wall, one of the guys he didn't recognize shoved his fist into his palm expectantly. 

"Look at me you fuck!" Cleeton slammed his large hand on the side of the wall next to Nico's head, catching a few black strands. His brown eyes were cold and mean. 

Nico narrowed his eyes at them, as if he didn't hear his obnoxious words. "How's your new boyfriend, faggot?" Cleeton said.

Now, Nico got teased plenty of times. He'd be tripped in the hallway, pranked, but he ignored all of it. He never let his guard down, not once, except for today. 

Something about the word 'faggot' and calling Jason his 'boyfriend' caused his blood to run cold.

"Look at his fucking face, Patrick! He's already sucked the guy's cock!" Zack shrieked.

Nico's hand clenched.

The other guys laughed. 

"How'd it feel?" Cleeton said in his face, his hot, stinky breath stinging his eyes. 

God, did this guy ever brush his teeth? "We actually thought that fag was COOL, and then you went and sucked em off!"

The bell rang. Class started.

Nico's hands were balled into fists, and they were shaking.

Faggot.

The word echoed in his mind.

"Come on, queer!" Suddenly Cleeton grabbed his shoulders and forced him down, causing his knees to hit the floor, making Nico face to face with Cleeton's crotch. "Come on bitch, suck me off!" By now his entire body was beginning to tremble.

Suddenly things became a blur. Nico jerked his head forward, making his forehead hit Cleeton's crotch as hard as he could.

"Don't fuck with me." The words slid from Nico's mouth.

Cleeton let out a shout, cupping his crotch and cringing. 

Nico got onto his feet around the same time Zack came forward, ready to throw a punch when Nico dipped his head under to avoid his fist and pushed him hard, making him hit the wall. 

Nico wasn't a simple fighter. He didn't know Karate or Kung-fu, nor did he simply throw a punch. His attacks were always discreet and he mostly hit the pressure points, such as now, he pinched the guy's nipples outside his shirt, and twisted, Zack screamed and kicked to escape Nico. 

When he twisted harder, one of the other guys grabbed his shoulder and threw him around, clocking Nico hard in the jaw. 

Nico's bag fell to the floor as he kicked out his foot, connecting to the guy's shin, and then in the same movement, jerked his knee up and hitting his crotch. He cried out in pain, and fell on his good knee. Nico looked up at the remaining guy, who was hesitating by the stairs.